PSP2 Overview + PSN android !!!

OnionKnight

PSP2 - Aren't you just a gaming computer...in my hand *GASP*?

psp2-ngp-playstation-portable-2,1-Z-278711-13.png

So how powerful is a PSP2? More powerful than a $1000 gaming laptop and more powerful than most peoples home computers.

When they said it was as a PS3, most people just laughed. But then they loaded a direct port, pixel by pixel comparison, of Metal Gear Solid 4 and everyone shat their pants. So who is jumping on the PSP2 bandwagon? Activision, Epic games, 2k games, Codemasters, Ubisoft, Squarenix, capcom, konami, rockstar, gameloft...etc

But that isn't that important (even if all the best selling PC developers are now making games for it). The important thing is that if Sony can sell larger memory cards (or a hard drive..etc), you can potentially buy a direct non-dubbed down port of a Ps3 game. That means you can play COD:BO at the same quality of graphics as you would if you played it on a PS3 (if they did it to MGS4, it could be done to almost any game on the PS3 library)

SPECS:

- Quad Core ARM CPU

- PowerVR GPU

- dual cameras

- dual analog sticks

- mic, stereo speakers, accelerometer (wait what?), gyroscope (wait...whaa)

-GPS

-WiFi, Bluetooth + 3G

- allows multitasking, social networking

-back touchscreen

Only thing they didn't mention was Battery life so I say 40 mins at best when gaming =P (hahaha but seriously, if you plan to play, lets say MGS4, the damn thing is going drain itself in an hr).

They also didn't say the price. All I will say though is that..........this is going to be facking expensive.

Conclusion:

Impressive piece of technology from Sony, but will probably come at a hefty price tag (probably $400+). It may be graphically more powerful than the iphone5 and 2-3 times more powerful than the 3ds, but the problem with Sony's products is that it is too expensive for the average consumer to afford.

Most gamers would end up buying a 3ds not because of the 3d effect (The novelty is already wearing down in Japan. Some games just push the main character ahead of the background and that is it), but rather because it is cheaper and it also has a robust game selection.

Most techies and older individuals would just end up buying the iphone 5 or an Android phone it has more capabilities and a more useful selection of apps + games than the PSN ever had (rather than being limited by the playstation firmware you rather have a more open OS which allows you to do more)

Who will buy the PSP2 at launch? Rich people =P.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PSN ANDROID

Ya ya ya, Guess what? PSN is coming to Android (WTF BBQ?).

So ya I guess you can now play PSN games if you own an android phone (sounds like a crazy combination, but if it makes money, it makes money)

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

well, that sounds absurdly good.

and TWO analog sticks this time! Yay! hopefully Sony doesn't screw up the launch, they seem to be really good at making a mess of major gaming console debuts...

Sweet write-up, Thanks!

well, that sounds absurdly good.

and TWO analog sticks this time! Yay! hopefully Sony doesn't screw up the launch, they seem to be really good at making a mess of major gaming console debuts...

Sweet write-up, Thanks!

I'm not yourfriend :P

PSN ANDROID

Ya ya ya, Guess what? PSN is coming to Android (WTF BBQ?).

So ya I guess you can now play PSN games if you own an android phone (sounds like a crazy combination, but if it makes money, it makes money)

I don't understand how this will work. :o

But I have a droid x so I hope they do it. :)

Edited by iSnipeCattle

This must be the PSP Vita (PSV)

http://us.playstation.com/psvita/

release date is 2/22/2012

Ya it is. Also this topic is like 9 months old now lol.

@iSnipeCattle: At the time when i made this thread, they were considering making an psn market app for android and porting ps1 games (i don't think they are doing that anymore due to hardware complications among phones)

Ya it is. Also this topic is like 9 months old now lol.

@iSnipeCattle: At the time when i made this thread, they were considering making an psn market app for android and porting ps1 games (i don't think they are doing that anymore due to hardware complications among phones)

Aww man :c

Oh well... I have my good old psp 1000. 8)

• 4 months later...