Computer upgrades

General

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The upgrade version is designed for streamlined upgrading from Vista, meaning you can upgrade without having to restart your computer and boot from the disc. With Windows XP, you are required to do a clean install, but it will still work. The license agreement only requires that you have a valid installation of Windows (any version) before installing the upgrade.

Since you want to be picky Rolf: RAM from Microcenter and RAM from NewEgg. It's all part of having choices. Getting the 2x2GB guarantees dual channel support and a faster experience overall, while getting just 1x2GB will save money, but may not provide the same performance.

Also, it sounds like you have a prebuilt computer from HP, Dell, Gateway or other company... if this is true, depending on the company, I might be able to figure out what kind of RAM you have in your system right now.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I think I got late to here. Anyway I like to tell my opinion here. Telling Truth your configuration is very good enough. If you can replace that referenced VGA card, its give more advantage to your PC.

Haha yeah your pretty late but its okay. My ViewSonic, still crappy, moniter just died so im using a bad moniter. What i ended up getting was 2GB of ram, 700watt coolermaster PSU, and ASUS Top NVIDIA GeForce 450 GTS. Its really nice