XBOX 360 4GB

Aigle

Is 4GB enough for XBOX 360? I have 2 external drives of 2 TB so I don't need a big chunk of space on my XBOX for watching movies. But is 4GB enough for saving all my games?

Is it easy to mod? Is there a lot of games already backed up for me to download?

Is there a way to connect my external usb drives to the XBOX?

Should I buy an XBOX 360 or a Playstation3?

You are suppose to be able to connect external drives to the xbox but I believe only certain models meet the criteria. As far as flash or thumb drives any of the san-disks are fine. I recently purchased the 4GB model after talking to a few hardcore xbox gamers. They said the 4GB model is fine for most people. The problem arises if you start downloading games, videos or other content from xbox live. Most saved game file are in kb and mb so it would take a lot to eat up 4GB of space.

I have the old xbox 360 elite which had 120gb hd. I have used 60 gigs of it so far. but i have demos, and music and I actually saved entire games on there which take up 6-8 gigs. As far as hooking up external HD's I have no idea if that is capable or not. Someone else will have to help you out on that :P I have always enjoyed the 360

IF you can get the external drives to work, then it is a good buy, if not, just for convenience its better to buy the larger hd size. On my 250gb xbox i have about 30gb filled, just from saving games and movie clips of Reach. The only benefit i can see from saving the games to the hd is slightly faster loading times.

The Xbox 360 really shines when you install the content of games onto the hard drive; so the 4GB is about enough for 1 small game. Don't even think about Mass Effect or Dragon Age.

But yes, external drives are supposed to work up to a certain size.

If you just plan on doing basic gaming a few save games here and there, 4GB should be more than enough.

Does any of you own the XBOX 360 and PS3? What do you think of the games? I want to buy one of those, but I'm still skeptical. They both look the same as my computer. The thing is that I'll buy a new computer in the next month. So I want to make sure the XBOX or PS3 will bring me something different. I already own a WII with which I have a lot of fun when I play with multiple people. Now for single play, I want something with less movements and a controller.

So if the games are almost the same between the computer and those 2 consoles (like I see in the store), then I won't do the move to those and stick with my computer.

I've played both Xbox 360 and PS3. Both have problems. Xbox can red-ring, PS3 can just putter out and stop reading discs after firmware upgrades.

Both have amazing graphics and fantastic gameplay. There are a FEW absolutely "this console only" titles that will make you want to purchase the system, but as time progresses, some titles get released for PC.

If you enjoy the modding communities, spending money on a few more high end parts for your PC will win out on buying a new game console. However, if you enjoy a selective single player environment with expressively responsive controls and no compatibility issues, a game console can be a wonderful addition to your entertainment setup. Every game you buy will work with your console, where not every game you get for your PC will work right off the bat, you might need to upgrade something, or download a patch or two to make it work (PS3 does firmware upgrades fairly often, and some games require new firmware; Xbox, not so much).

If you can find at least 10 "this console only" titles that you feel like you would play, and they have replay value to you, then I would consider it worthwhile to purchase that game console and those titles. Just be sure to do some extra research to make sure a PC release isn't scheduled down the road.

I play games for a single play. I'm not the kind of guy that will replay the same game to get everything and search for everything. I normally use walkthrought and look on youtube for the other endings. So I need some good multiplayer games like the COD games that I want to play on the consoles.

GOW is one of the game I want to play on PS3. I don't like racing games nor sports game. So it removes a lot of the games.

While there is a large community for MMOs on consoles, it's nothing near what you'll find on PC. For every 1,000 consoles, there are 10,000 PCs.

God of War is a fairly decent series and I don't see Sony giving up on keeping it on Playstation systems. You can get the God of War Trilogy on Blu-ray for the PS3 at most retailers or purchase it directly online to get all 3 games in HD. You would be missing the two that were released for PSP though.

Being an older gamer, I'm more used to keyboard controls for my games, so most of my FPS/MMO style games are for my PC. I did get COD:MW2 for Xbox 360 so I could play with some friends in other states, along with Left 4 Dead.

While I personally plan on getting the consoles at a later date, I usually stick to PC for online gaming as I can get a more consistent playing experience from my PC than I would on consoles. I can't begin to count how many matches in MW2 have stopped mid game because the host disconnected or suddenly had a worse connection and they had to re-establish a new host. PC games usually have dedicated hosts whereas console games are hosted on someone's console somewhere in the world, and you're at their whim if they want to ragequit.

The thing is that I want to move away from hackers. On PCs games, about 1month after the game is out, you have at least 1 hack available which you can't protect yourself from. On the consoles, it's a lot harder normally...

It may be harder, but it still happens in about the same time-frame. Within 2 to 3 months, modified consoles are running unsigned code for the game, allowing for cheats/hacks on online games, giving them an unfair advantage.

If you feel like hackers are that much of a threat, only do local/LAN gaming.

It may be harder, but it still happens in about the same time-frame. Within 2 to 3 months, modified consoles are running unsigned code for the game, allowing for cheats/hacks on online games, giving them an unfair advantage.

Still, a kid of 5 years old can't buy an hack and install it by himself as easy as you can do it on a computer. Also, banning a PS3 or XBOX 360 can be done. However banning a computer is something we will never see....

You can ban by IP ranges and MAC addresses, but those can be flashed. With the right tools, you can do it on consoles as well.

Nothing is safe, if you want to be really paranoid.

What exactly are you afraid of in regards to hacking through games on PCs? As long as you aren't the one downloading it, and you're not using an Administrator account to play games, they can't do much with your PC if they manage to get remote access. You only get in trouble if you're the one downloading the hacks as most public hacks come with trojans and keyloggers.

back to the topic at hand...i much prefer the xbox360 to the ps3. but prior to this generation i was a ps2 over xbox guy :/ the feel of the 360 controller is what gets me. i love it. ps3 controller is far too light and flimsy feelin. my two 360 controllers have been through complete hell in the last 4 years and still works like new...not to mention my 3½ year old son and my 1½ year old daughter.

the ps3 is also too familiar for me. i owned a psOne, ps2 and a psp....the ps3 is just like all of them. same games...same controllers...getting old. plus sony's free online makes for a lot of lag during busy hours.

besides, im a PC guy now that i built my own pc. my specs are :

AMD Phenom II x3 720 B.E. (overclocked/unlocked @ 3.3Ghz/4th core unlocked and stable)

MSI Radeon HD4670

OCZ 2x2GB 1800 O.C. Ram

Asus M4A77TD Pro Motherboard

My video card and motherboard are okay at best but plays most games maxed out minus AA ( AA is usually up to 4x at 1920x1080). since most games are playable with max graphics and PC is compatible with 360 controllers and PC has smoother graphics than consoles (plus directx10 ((directx11 is now available btw)) on my pc versus directx9 on xbox and ps3), i game on pc :)

ps...the pc has a massive emulation world that im also in love with :)

I've played both Xbox 360 and PS3. Both have problems. Xbox can red-ring, PS3 can just putter out and stop reading discs after firmware upgrades.

Both have amazing graphics and fantastic gameplay. There are a FEW absolutely "this console only" titles that will make you want to purchase the system, but as time progresses, some titles get released for PC.

I heard that both xbox and ps3 fixed those issues =P.

But to be honest most titles get released on pc and vice versa. Some try not to release it in order to keep them console exclusive (like fable and red dead redemption) and some pc games are also just pc exclusive (like Starcraft II).