iPhone coming to Verizon? Will you jump AT&T's ship?

NoGooD

6 members have voted

1. 1. I belong to AT&T and I will

• Jump ship ASAP
    • Stay with AT&T
    • Get an Android phone.
    • Stick with a flip phone
    • I'm not currently with AT&T (poll edit)
  2. 2. I belong to Verizon Wireless and I will

• Get an Iphone if they come out
    • Go with Driod
    • Stick with a flip phone
    • Don't really give a crap about the Iphone
    • I'm not surrently with Verizon (poll edit)

So I've been hearing a bunch of ramblings through the interwebs lately about the iPhone coming to Verizon Wireless. Normally I dismiss this is a bunch of rumors but it appears Verizon has been actively buying up domain names as well as the usual slew of leaked videos/pics that fire up the rumor mill.

So I'm curious if anyone really gives a damn if VZW get an iphone or not. It seems like they're late to the party as usual and having used a Droid X this past weekend I'm pretty impressed with it. Just wanted to get some thoughts from others if this will make them think about bailing from AT&T or if they are happy with their current wireless provider.

I've been with AT&T for years now, no complaints. I have the iphone 4g and have been very pleased with my service with them. From what I heard is that Apple has sold the rights to the iphone to Verizon and apparently has switched from AT&T. I'm not too sure when this is supposed to take place or if it already has but it makes no difference to me, I'm sticking with what I got.

As far as other smart phones go I hear prolly the same as you. The iphone is better cause of this, the droid is better cause of this, they all pretty much can do what you need and then some. I guess its all just personal opinion and what deals you can get.

Well the company I work for does Apple tech support, specifically for the Ipad/Iphone/Ipod touch. The apple division has hired about 400 new employees, so im guessing something big is in the works. It could be coincidence though :D

They've hired alot of cdma techs. So its a pretty solid guess for it going to verizon. I've always been with att and never had a problem with them, finally got 3g in my town the day of my birthday lol, so i'm hella happy about that. I love having a sim. Greatest thing ever. Very helpful for when i mess around and brick my phone lol.

Btw fail poll ng, have to vote for both. lol Who has both att and verizon??

I'll stick with ATT and the Iphone, I haven't had any problems, although I've heard that SF and NYC have had some issues. Maybe if enough ATT users go to Verizon the ATT network would improve and ATT could spend more money on improving service as opposed to dealing with customer complaints.

Apologies for the fail poll. I was in a hurry when I created it and didn't actually vote since I'm fairly indifferent to iphone or droid ATM. Also I'm waiting to see what type of pricing structure VZW is going to pull out for the iphone if it does launch. Either way, my Storm is going to take flight off my deck into a trash container.

Not rumors, it will happen.

I've heard this for 3+ years. I figure your right with the most recent round of evidence coming out, but until it happens they're just rumors.

They've hired alot of cdma techs. So its a pretty solid guess for it going to verizon. I've always been with att and never had a problem with them, finally got 3g in my town the day of my birthday lol, so i'm hella happy about that. I love having a sim. Greatest thing ever. Very helpful for when i mess around and brick my phone lol.Btw fail poll ng, have to vote for both. lol Who has both att and verizon??

Thanks for the heads up. Obviously I didn't vote on the poll til now since I was in a bit of a rush. I'm open for ideas on how to fix it. On a side note, I know several people who have both AT&T and VZW. One for work, the other for personal use.

I've know about the CDMA techs, but there's quite a bit of speculation that it's strictly for the ipad2 since VZW currently sells ipads. Seems like a CDMA version is the next logical choice.

I'll stick with ATT and the Iphone, I haven't had any problems, although I've heard that SF and NYC have had some issues. Maybe if enough ATT users go to Verizon the ATT network would improve and ATT could spend more money on improving service as opposed to dealing with customer complaints.

From my understanding, SF most certainly has issues. I live around the Sacramento area and have friends in SF who complain about the service quite a bit, but love their iphones. I hope they switch over just to hear them stop bitching about AT&T. There's plenty of other things to bish about in SF; like parking for instance.

From having been with VZW for a few years, one of the things that's always bent me about them was their intrusive, crap apps and programming. If anyone remembers the VZW Samsung i830 then you know what I'm talking about. The sprint version was way better. Hopefully Apple with make Verizon keep it's mittens off the iphone.

My mom and step-dad have AT&T and I'm with Verizon.

In certain areas they don't have as many bars as I do but not having a SIM card sucks ass.

Btw, they both have the iphone 4 and I have a simple, cheap-ass flip phone.

I am with T-mobile and have a windows phone. I am definitely missing out on all the apps from droid and apple. That is why i bought an ipod touch. I <3 it

I don't think i would jump to verizon if they got the new iphone but you never know i may jump ship when the iphone 5 comes out :D

• Administrators

This has been a known fact few weeks after iphone4 came out, they said its coming to verizon in january last september. The thing is a piece of crap so it don't really matter which provider you use. That fact was proven to me after a short visit to an apple store where an apple employee was talking about its shortcoming in the business enviroment and its shortcoming when it compared with blackberry and windows phone and the way it handles data in general. http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/08/08/another_rumor_pegs_verizon_iphone_4_for_january_2011_release.html

hmmmmmm. since my dad writes progs for verizon and sells it to them, my entire family uses verizon. i've been hoping to upgrade to a different phone (damn flip phone xD) and i've always wanted an iphone. sounds like a good change to me.

It seems that iphones in general do have worse service than other phones, and if what I read was true then it's due to the programming of how the phone handles signals and such. Something like when an iphone needs to make a call or get a text it connects to the towers or something, and then when it doesn't need anything it disconnects. So in areas with massive amounts of iphones when they all try and grab a signal everyone gets a crappy one. I absolutely butchered my summary to that article, maybe I'll look for it while I'm bored in class.

This has been a known fact few weeks after iphone4 came out, they said its coming to verizon in january last september. The thing is a piece of crap so it don't really matter which provider you use. That fact was proven to me after a short visit to an apple store where an apple employee was talking about its shortcoming in the business enviroment and its shortcoming when it compared with blackberry and windows phone and the way it handles data in general. http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/08/08/another_rumor_pegs_verizon_iphone_4_for_january_2011_release.html

I wouldn't doubt it, however in the medical industry the iphone is and has been one of the most usable mobiles to come along for quite some time. The free apps alone were almost worth the price of the phone. I just couldn't deal with AT&T's shitty service everywhere else. I haven't heard of any issues with the iphone on exchange, but I wouldn't doubt it if there were a number of them.

I think someone should give you a MAC for your birthday. Steve would want you to have one Joe.

It seems that iphones in general do have worse service than other phones, and if what I read was true then it's due to the programming of how the phone handles signals and such. Something like when an iphone needs to make a call or get a text it connects to the towers or something, and then when it doesn't need anything it disconnects. So in areas with massive amounts of iphones when they all try and grab a signal everyone gets a crappy one. I absolutely butchered my summary to that article, maybe I'll look for it while I'm bored in class.

I just figured it was their shitty implementation of an internal antenna with the iphone4, which is why they've revamped it with the newest edition of the iphone.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/05/tweaked-iphone-4-parts-discovered-an-antenna-fix-verizons-iph/

• Administrators

I wouldn't doubt it, however in the medical industry the iphone is and has been one of the most usable mobiles to come along for quite some time. The free apps alone were almost worth the price of the phone. I just couldn't deal with AT&T's shitty service everywhere else. I haven't heard of any issues with the iphone on exchange, but I wouldn't doubt it if there were a number of them.

I think someone should give you a MAC for your birthday. Steve would want you to have one Joe.

I just figured it was their shitty implementation of an internal antenna with the iphone4, which is why they've revamped it with the newest edition of the iphone.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/05/tweaked-iphone-4-parts-discovered-an-antenna-fix-verizons-iph/

I am a proud owner of a Macbook pro (which I got for free) and all I can say is meh.