Super Nintendo?

Atheist

If you don't want to pay, download a Emulator from this site. Unless you don't want to worry about all the wierd legal stuff above lol.

http://vimm.net/

They also have a ton of games (Including metroid, and i agree it was kick ass!) , Using a keyboard takes time to get used to but once you do it's fine :P

Edit: Btw is it really such a terrible thing to use Roms/Emulators for really old games, i really doubt they care :huh:

Edited by FiveMagic

Btw is it really such a terrible thing to use Roms/Emulators for really old games, i really doubt they care :huh:

Exactly, I doubt Nintendo execs are going to lose sleep over people using emulators for a console they stopped making games for decades ago, especially since the DS and Wii are the 2nd and 6th best selling games consoles EVAR

The real fact of the matter isn't whether they will lose sleep or not, but whether they would lose money. Officially, Nintendo will say they're against it. Behind the scenes though, I'm sure it is never even brought up. The way these things work, Nintendo would have to PAY a third party organization to track down all of these websites that host S/NES ROMs, find as many people as possible who have downloaded the ROMs and finally pay to press charges against them. Nintendo see's practically zero profit from the S/NES consoles and games anymore, so they won't bother spending thousands upon thousands.. maybe hundreds of thousands of dollars just to prevent people from playing the games. I mean, look at their DS system. It's one of their major money makers, and the ROM community for it thrives a LOT more than the older systems. Nintendo knows about it, they don't really care. All they do is have the game developers create Anti-Piracy codes to throw into their games. And even that is only on the big releases, so it takes a few weeks for a patch to come out.

I'd just like to add that the Wiishop has a few old SNES/NES games for the Wii (obviously) and that they can still make money off these old games, so technically the above statement about them not caring or that it's dead to them is false. Check out the Wiishop and the games.

I'd just like to add that the Wiishop has a few old SNES/NES games for the Wii (obviously) and that they can still make money off these old games, so technically the above statement about them not caring or that it's dead to them is false. Check out the Wiishop and the games.

Actually I'm well aware of that. To which I ask, how much do you REALLY think that incredibly insignificant amount of money, undoubtedly less than 1% of Nintendo's profits, matters to them? It's just change in a jar for them. That's all. I don't understand how that really proves much of anything. Most of all that they care. If Nintendo cared at all they would sue websites that host NES/SNES ROMs, as it would be completely within their rights to do so. They could most likely make them pay for their lawyer fees as well. Porting ROMs to the Wiishop for people to pay to download is exactly the same thing these ROM sites are doing, just they don't charge you, and they won't have any buggy games.

I'm willing to bet that the companies and people who actually created those games, that Nintendo themselves didn't make, aren't seeing a penny either, IF they're even still around. So technically, Nintendo is stealing material that was created by companies who are only just affiliates of Nintendo, and selling it off as their own to make a few extra dollars, just because they have it under copyright protection. They may have it all under copyright protection, but as far as actions go, that's some VERY pirate-like behavior coming from Nintendo, but they're even taking it a step further and charging people.

So, I repeat, Nintendo does not care about the SNES and they make next to nothing in profits off of it and it's games, essentially making the system dead to them. The system would be completely dead if it weren't for US wanting to play it. Nintendo spends it's entire time focusing on the Wii and DS systems, by far their greatest earners, and they don't even try to put an end to the Wii/DS ROM communities, so that alone tells you how much Nintendo really cares about people using ROMs. They make NO effort to stop them. There was one article I read on this very subject a few years back. One of the execs from Nintendo hinted in the interview that he actually supports the idea of ROM communities. To say that Nintendo cares about us playing old ROMs is laughable. I don't know about anyone else, but I've been pretty in touch with the ROM communities over the years, and I have to say that I've NEVER once heard of anybody getting in trouble for playing ROMs. The only people it seems to matter to, are normal people who have some kind of upstanding moral code they live by, and obviously downloading and playing a game that should be free now anyways, completely goes against said code.

Well, you can think that all you want. What are you implying that it's saying exactly? Because it doesn't prove that they care about people playing ROMs nor that the SNES isn't basically dead to them. If you don't want to use the word "dead" then, maybe you can think of it as an old person that is only being kept alive in a vegetative state by machines. Over half the people I know own a Wii. Hardly any of them have wasted money on the old games they have up there. That's including the people I know and chat with online and on various other forums. Just because they have some games on the Wiistore means what? Nothing at all. It doesn't even mean that they sell any, which I'm sure that they do sell some.

Anyways, I'm sure that this guy's questions have already been more than answered from everything that's been said. <.<

• 4 weeks later...

Well, you can think that all you want. What are you implying that it's saying exactly? Because it doesn't prove that they care about people playing ROMs nor that the SNES isn't basically dead to them. If you don't want to use the word "dead" then, maybe you can think of it as an old person that is only being kept alive in a vegetative state by machines. Over half the people I know own a Wii. Hardly any of them have wasted money on the old games they have up there. That's including the people I know and chat with online and on various other forums. Just because they have some games on the Wiistore means what? Nothing at all. It doesn't even mean that they sell any, which I'm sure that they do sell some.

Anyways, I'm sure that this guy's questions have already been more than answered from everything that's been said. <.<

Everything you have today is due to the 'old vegetative people living by machines' lol. If it wasn't for my generation, you wouldn't have a WII. BTW, I still have the following...Atari, Nintendo, supernintendo, sega, dreamcast, commodore 64, apple (with 500 megabyte of harddrive space lol), nintendo 64, WII. I have kept every computer I have bought, and every game. I have games that where they say 'copyright' says nintendo '1985'. I have games too that say '1985' for copyright. Now they aren't in mint condition...hell they are in 'I abused the f*** outta them condition'...but guess what??? I forced my kids to endure what I grew up on...before they moved on to the WII :D

lol. i dont have to force my kids anything....they will play anything that moves on the screen via controller.

By 'forcing' I don't mean 'play super nintendo for an hour before you can play the Wii'. I didn't buy the WII till this past christmas, therefore they only had the older consoles XD Now they only want to play the WII, so I get to bribe them for it. 'Clean you room for 30 minutes of play time, do it in 20 minutes and get an extra 10 minutes on the WII' lol. Loving it bro, loving it.

Everything you have today is due to the 'old vegetative people living by machines' lol. If it wasn't for my generation, you wouldn't have a WII. BTW, I still have the following...Atari, Nintendo, supernintendo, sega, dreamcast, commodore 64, apple (with 500 megabyte of harddrive space lol), nintendo 64, WII. I have kept every computer I have bought, and every game. I have games that where they say 'copyright' says nintendo '1985'. I have games too that say '1985' for copyright. Now they aren't in mint condition...hell they are in 'I abused the f*** outta them condition'...but guess what??? I forced my kids to endure what I grew up on...before they moved on to the WII :D

I think you've misunderstood what I was aiming that "old person" line at. I was using it to refer to the fact that the SNES is *almost* entirely a dead system, which the games would be considered abandon-ware for already if Nintendo didn't copyright them for almost a century. I wasn't actually referring to older people. :P

I own an Atari around here somewhere. I used to own a Genesis but that's long gone. Nintendo 64 got traded, by my brother, to my cousin, for a blown amplifier for his car stereo, not long after we got it. What a great deal that was. I had this really old Tandy computer until recently. I don't actually own any of the new consoles. There are some games that are okay, but overall... it's nothing but shit. The 360 and the PS3 both are just complete shit. Well, their games are at least. The games they spew out for those consoles these days... are all just about flashy graphics and eye candy. Compare them to older games, their stories.. the impacts they had at the time... and the only thing they have to offer is pretty visuals. It's pretty damn sad... I especially hate how virtually all games NEED to have multiplayer, even at the cost of ruining the game or having it effect the gameplay. Multiplayer in Grand Theft Auto 4 was fun and everything.. but it got old fast.. and after it got old.. you had a game that was ruined because of the multiplayer aspect, when compared to San Andreas, which was for the PS2, and by far a superior game.

Ahem...

/rant