Automute in jaymod3

*Sypher*

• 11 months later...

There is a solution --> give admins censorimmunity. A simple extra command (in fact it's a behavior) and (higher) levels arent affected by it.

acl= +B/censorImmunity placed in user.db

You even got admins who are capable to unmute themselfs, a bit ridiculous no? Never saw a higher admin before who often insults people.

Atleast give them immunity.

Greetings,

The Dude

• Administrators

Please check the date of the last post before you post. And what you are saying is for me to sit there and give every admin immunity one by one, do you have a clue how long that would take. Since my time is more precious then gold donate $2,000 and I will gladly fulfill this request.

• Like 1

Hey Joe, you dont need to give it every admin ofcourse :-), would be impossible. Sorry for my mistake, you need to place it in level.db not user.db.

So for example: level.db -->

level = 16

name = Member

namex = Member

greetingtext = Welcome [player]

greetingaudio =

acl = +c/kick +c/finger + c/bla bla bla.... +B/censorImmunity

With this setting, all players with level 16 will enjoy the immunity instantly...

Copy past for all other levels you want...

Greetings,

The Dude

PS: next time I'll check the date

• 3 months later...

This topic seems dead, though I kindly want to ask ppl to re-consider the option to give all levels +4 (for example) censorimmunity.

My last solution is easy --> +B/censorImmunity placed in level.db (jaymod servers) next to the correct level. Takes about 2min for the jaymod servers.

I never saw any admin who deserved a mute yet, but I do saw many who I had to unmute. Sometimes you try to explain stuff, you say a name or whatever, you get muted, and then you hope another admin is online too. Neverless you look stupid then. Since I often play at night, when there's no other member online, it's annoying. An no, I dont just randomly swear around :-).

Edited by The Dude

We do not allow people, especially with admin lvls to swear on server, because as you may know, there are children who play there. Members should lead the example to other players and in my opinion, giving the censor immunity to members, and nonmembers with lvl4+ would cause general abuse of the 'bad language' which we don't want to 'suffer'. If you get muted by saying a name, you can use your common sense to call it in different way or just add a dot between the letters, ex. lame = la.me. Even leaders don't have a censor immunity so I don't see a reason of giving it to everybody with admin lvl above 4.

I don't see where you would need to use a censored word when explaining something. If you're the only admin, simply wait two minutes.

And if you're afraid to look stupid, avoid censored words. It's as easy as that.

• Like 1