etpub

BattleFlag

so guys.. this isnt a discussion, but a complaint lol.. just jk.. but i wanna talk about ex etpub now silent mod.. there are mainly 2 bad things/problems..

the first is that on etpub, when a covert ops was on spy, the enemy readed the name of the person to whom he had stolen the clothes.. and now AGAIN "enemy disguised"..this for me it would be on all mods.. it would be fantastic to read the name of the enemy when he stole the clothes..

the second is that there are 2 different versions of gold rush.. ok its a cool map, but I think that one is more than enough ^^

if i will see other problems or bad things, i will post it here..

PS. shoutcast dont work, but daredevil already know it

thanks for ur time

BattleFlag

when a covert ops was on spy, the enemy readed the name of the person to whom he had stolen the clothes.. and now AGAIN "enemy disguised"..this for me it would be on all mods.. it would be fantastic to read the name of the enemy when he stole the clothes..

BattleFlag

What level was the covert ops and do you have level 4 field ops skill

i would have to say, the ppsh needs 2 things done to make it somewhat acceptable, change the sound of it, it sounds like a water gun, and, reduce the damage just a bit, ive noticed ALOT of people who cant kill shit with smg, getting hella kills with it, idk if thats due to the extra 10 rounds, which i fing love, or the dmg is high, other than that and my usual complaint of the map choices being too large, im good.

In a last topic a was discussing (sound pack silent mode topic) about to revome that gun and im still stand in my opinion:

- Ppsh (i hate the name of the gun lol) has a better accuracy than Thompson or Mp.

- It is more like Sten but with same or more power than a Thompson or Mp

- It has 40 bullets

PROBABLY those weapons settings can be change but meanwhile that gun is getting a bit annoy

Sorry, about the topic, i thought that when someone steal a uniform you get his name too. Am i right?

Or change?

Just remove the PPSH, overpowered and the sound it's annoying.

mmh i hate it, but i want to say another thing...there is a number limit of medics allowed for team on etpub..its 5..and always everybody want to do the medics.. is more easy and dont care about obj...now everybody are stimulated to join with another class..coz if u are engy u can take ppsh AND new trip mines..the same for field ops..it gives opportunities to those who are less strong than ever to play without being killed.. with K/D 0.200... ok it isnt a nab server, but everybody should can join on etpub..

In a last topic a was discussing (sound pack silent mode topic) about to revome that gun and im still stand in my opinion:

- Ppsh (i hate the name of the gun lol) has a better accuracy than Thompson or Mp.

- It has 40 bullets

PROBABLY those weapons settings can be change but meanwhile that gun is getting a bit annoy

Sorry, about the topic, i thought that when someone steal a uniform you get his name too. Am i right?

Or change?

changed.. and this thing was better before ^^

mmh i hate it, but i want to say another thing...there is a number limit of medics allowed for team on etpub..its 5..and always everybody want to do the medics.. is more easy and dont care about obj...now everybody are stimulated to join with another class..coz if u are engy u can take ppsh AND new trip mines..the same for field ops..it gives opportunities to those who are less strong than ever to play without being killed.. with K/D 0.200... ok it isnt a nab server, but everybody should can join on etpub..

Oh, the tripmines, lol, i even know that mines were used by allies or nazis.

Is better now than other players chose other classes.

• Administrators

so guys.. this isnt a discussion, but a complaint lol.. just jk.. but i wanna talk about ex etpub now silent mod.. there are mainly 2 bad things/problems..

the first is that on etpub, when a covert ops was on spy, the enemy readed the name of the person to whom he had stolen the clothes.. and now AGAIN "enemy disguised"..this for me it would be on all mods.. it would be fantastic to read the name of the enemy when he stole the clothes..

Will look into it.

the second is that there are 2 different versions of gold rush.. ok its a cool map, but I think that one is more than enough ^^

Report it on F|A tracker since it's server side config issue and I will fix it.

if i will see other problems or bad things, i will post it here..

PS. shoutcast dont work, but daredevil already know it

thanks for ur time

Thanks for reporting that. Fixed and I will update server binaries tonight and will fix map issue also.

- It has 40 bullets

PSSH damange will be adjusted somewhere tonight or next week. I am on semi vacation, so I will take care of it later.

Or change?

Post this on silent mod forums and we will look into it.

If someone doesn't like new gun, just don't use it and it's as simple as that. I will change sound probably in next sound pack release. The present one is just Beta 1 sound pack.

I don't know if I should post this here or in the silent mod forums but here it goes: When someone gets a killing spree it should go in the chat area, its being displayed in the kill announcement area and most of the time if you hear a rampage or something you have to open up the console to see who it is because it gets scrolled up so fast. Before it would display 5 man kill spree in the chat, and then 10, 15, 20 etc were on the top of the screen for everyone to see. I think it is better the old way. I like to know who is doing good so I can kill their spree. Just a suggestion.

• Clan Friend

nice server, it was good to be able to actually play for objective instead of frags, and there was a nice challenge with some really good players.

The only things I didn't like were:

1 - pssh. I picked one on the ground, and it was a superweapon lol, I am not ultragood but that weapon in the hands of someone who actually aims at the head is devastating, it should be balanced as many have said

2 - tripmines, but I don't like custom et weapons in general, so it's just something personal here.

3 - why a higher g_speed? Is there a reason why normal et speed (320) is not good?

Apart from the fact that all standard trickjumps are different, some easier (and for one who spent hours learning them, and who likes challenge, it's not a good thing) some are just different, so all the spots need to be relearned, and certainly I won't waste my time to learn something which is not standard, just to fail all jumps if I decided to play etpro again.

But the biggest downside of it (always imho) is that we have a game where players are already 'unhittable' and move at 20fps, players with unsteady uploading of packets, who don't move the same amount every server snapshot even when they should, etc, and what do we do? We enhance all that by increasing players speed?

Increasing players speed would be ok if everything else was higher (fps, server fps, weapon shooting rate, etc.) and all it would do would be to favor reflexes (unlearnable talent based mostly on player age) over coordination, which instead can be learned and exercised. Instead of tracking, it's all a point and shoot at players who teleport left-right.

So a higher speed doesn't mean higher skill, it means just adding more warp, and more randomness, why then? All players think standard et has become too slow? I dont want to whine, I had highest damage and acc on many maps, but still I don't see the reason behind it...

Anyway, good job, I had much more fun than on jaymod

• Administrators

If I recall correctly, Etpub server and Hardcore server are both on same speed since 2008. Jaymod 1 is little very little faster then Etpub and hardcore. Silent shares same speed as of old Etpub.

Jay 3 is rapid faster based on Euro demand. I haven't touched g_speed settings since 2008 on any server.

PPSH is going to get fixed.

@ Everyone, please use announcement section topic from now on. Suggestions are most welcome and bug reports also.