2 new COD games released in 2011

OnionKnight

Just to give you the heads up, 2 COD games at stated to be released in 2011.

- Modern Warfare 3

- another new COD series

Of course this could change (but this is what is currently stated for the 2011 release). I think we can all know what to expect from Modern Warfare 3 (improvements on the previous installments).

The new series of COD is going to be a mystery though. Looking at the domain names activision registered for the new COD series ("futurewar" and "spacewar"), it is very likely it is going to be "space" or "future scifi" related and most insiders have bet their house that it is going to be space marines.

Milk the cow while it is still alive because I have a feeling the new COD series is going to flop and Modern Warfare 3 will continue to be a success (because I don't think a corny space/scifi fps is going to sit well. Anyone remember when Battlefield tried to go sci fi with BF 2142? We all know how that turned out).

Even if it isn't a space fps, I don't think people would go out of their way to buy 2 COD games in a year (and will of course choose MW3 because ...well at least you know you can expect it to be good lol)

im not, cause i cant imagine a game like space.. what should we suspect? a game like unreal tournament or sumthin?

i guess i'd play mw3 again but im not so sure about the future war.

• Administrators

If there will be server files available to host our own server, I will buy it or else no.

I will be introducing 2 new servers for 2 different games in new year.

If there will be server files available to host our own server, I will buy it or else no.

I will be introducing 2 new servers for 2 different games in new year.

wow wow wow !! What games ? (is it a surprise ? FA chirstmas present? =D).

Any space games sucks.

Actually, all good games were based on wars in the resent past like WOII, Cold War, Vietnam etc.

I don't think the Space thing will be a long term success.

Some people might buy it since it's 'COD' but soon it will be a failure.

Any space games sucks.

Actually, all good games were based on wars in the resent past like WOII, Cold War, Vietnam etc.

I don't think the Space thing will be a long term success.

I'd have to disagree with that. Maybe it's because I started FPS gaming in the Unreal and Quake series, but I've always felt space and sci-fi genre FPS have room to defy conventional laws of physics and still make the game fun.

Like being able to camp on the ceiling using magnet boots or because of no gravity. Cloaking devices (temporary, of course). And the ever popular, you get to fire f***ing LASERS

I'd have to disagree with that. Maybe it's because I started FPS gaming in the Unreal and Quake series, but I've always felt space and sci-fi genre FPS have room to defy conventional laws of physics and still make the game fun.

Like being able to camp on the ceiling using magnet boots or because of no gravity. Cloaking devices (temporary, of course). And the ever popular, you get to fire f***ing LASERS

I agree, the Unreal Tournament series is amazing!

Considering Counter Strike, Team Fortress 2, L4D2, America's Army 3, BF2 unranked.

Counter Strike Source would be a good choice (the original counter strike isn't bad but most people play source nowadays). If you look in the steam group, just about everyone has it XD (and it is the most popular steam game anyways).

steamw.jpg

Only problem would be that like ET, you have to have a good team to monitor the heck out of it and an active community =P (because hacking is rampant and the servers that actually do a good job monitoring are always full 24 hrs a day).

But honestly all of the games you listed are pretty good (lol was BF2 rainier's recommendation?)

EDIT:

Can we have a decision before Jan 2 ? On steam CS, L4D2, TF2, and BF2 are selling for $9.99 !!

TF2 and CSS servers could be fun. EDIT: Although, the CSS community isn't the greatest. :/

What I'd really like to see though is for us to pick up Brink. I'm really thinking it will be a huge success because it seems like those guys truly understand how to treat PC gamers.