ET crashes

xTra

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a similar problem, but my ET never freezes, it actually crashes. The whole game just closes completely and returns me to my desktop. I receive no error codes, PC functions normally. This happens most of the time at the end of a map. It happened a few times when I hit space to tap out.

And I can ALWAYS freeze/crash my ET when toggling between ALT and CTRL score menus in game...

I usually have a few browsers open while playing, I'm going to try playing with them all closed next..

I never run anything else while playing. Running the older version, it would crash to the desktop once in a while. But this locking up Windows just started and happens every time I play. I've even tried leaving the game early and it locks up on the last exit screen before getting to Windows...

I never run anything else while playing. Running the older version, it would crash to the desktop once in a while. But this locking up Windows just started and happens every time I play. I've even tried leaving the game early and it locks up on the last exit screen before getting to Windows...

Did you try to update PB with pbsetup.exe from evenbalance?

What OS you´re useing?

What PC specs?

And try to look at Task Manager and ET console, maybe there are some hints what the game\PC is doing before crashing, also take a look at administrator tools and event viewer from control panel. maybe it states some system errors?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running a 1 GHz computer on Windows XP.

I tried the PB auto setup/installer and it did some updates. It is running better and longer but still locks up if I play more than one or two maps. Today, after the second map, I exited and it locked up at the final credits but CTL-ALT-ESC brought it out. My lag seems to be cut in half as well...