MyConfig aka blast3r

blast3r

Hi all,

I did my config based on my old one from 2004, 2005, or 2006, I cannot precise the year. Since this platform evolved a bit on different modes, do you guys use the same config for every server or do you have one for jaymod, another for nq, for silence, etc? If different, what can I change on my jaymod config to be adapted to each server?

Also, what can I adjust on my current config so my fps can increase and my ping lower?

Laptop info
HP EliteBook x360 1030 G3 Notebook PC
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz
16 GB (2x 8GB Samsung 2133MHz)
Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

Monitor: 2560 x 1440 but I play in 1920 x 1080 with refresh rate 75 Hz

Internet via wifi - Download ~150Mb Upload ~100Mb
image.png.7b47127413b173dd1f3eccbe44c02f5e.png

Here is my config
Config

I did a recording recently so you can take a look.
Recording

Thanks in advance for your time!

• blast3r changed the title to MyConfig aka blast3r

Hey. I took a quick look and I'd try to set these to 0 if it helps:

seta cg_drawTracers "1"

seta cg_drawMuzzleFlash "1"

seta cg_tracers "1"

I think these doesn't exist, so safe to delete:

seta cg_bloodPuff "1"

seta cg_bobbing "1"

seta cg_delag "1"

seta cg_visualEffects "1"

seta r_scale "1"

Try this with "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR"  and you need to then vid_restart:

seta r_textureMode "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_NEAREST"

Now I see you have posted that your gpu is integrated, that could be somewhat the bottleneck in your system too...

And overall cfg is big, so you can delete any g_ server_ bot_ sv_ vote_ and team_ cvars from it.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RendeL said:

seta cg_bobbing "1"

This is a cvar for legacy mod, and for better gameplay set it to 0.

• Thanks 2

It's generally not advised to have a single config for all mods (might have something to do with too many cvars set and many of them to be unrecognized by a specific mod, but I'm not sure). But if it works, it should work still. Since you already put all these cvars to the cfg, you'd have to know which ones came from what mod, then do cvar_restart to clean up etc. Most of the cvars Rendel said are invalid, come from Legacy for example. 

One way to keep settings organized is to create separate cfg for each mod - it's not as complicated as it seems. You can have common cvars set in autoexec.cfg (put in etmain). In each mod folder, add a file called modcvars.cfg for example and put all mod specific cvars there. Then put exec modcvars.cfg to that autoexec. Your cfg for each mod will load automatically. 

Cfg tweaking has less importance these days. Anyway, there should be lots of resource available on these forums, it gets asked quite often. If you need more cfg help on Legacy mod, maybe I could be more useful with that (not too familiar with other mods anymore). 

Edited by kajto3
  • Thanks 1

Hey @RendeL @Tukkonen @kajto3
Thanks for your replies!
I already did some cleanup and based on your replies. My config it's smaller now.

Will investigate further what needs to be done to have basic setups that are common to all mods and then have one config for each mod.

You can make the main cfg smaller by copy/paste those binds to own cfg (binds.cfg) and put the line exec binds.cfg in your main cfg. Then delete the binds from main cfg.

• Like 1