ET BEGINNERS #2 couple suggestions for beg2

Drempa

v54

here are couple of ideas i thought of:

1. bullet/shooting push - e.g while running (with doublejump especially), bullets are really effective into stopping/boosting your moves. i think the effect should be lowered a bit ?

2. too much arties! especially when the server is crowded, fieldops be spamming arties all over the map non stop (i guess u know some of them xD) - i suggest to add more time between every arty.

3. i believe the number of bots for each teams is too much, maybe lowering the number of bots for each team. 

4. HEAVY spawnkilling should be disallowed 😭such as arty/panzer/mortar/flamethrower are really annoying when deployed near spawn. eg - goldrush second axis spawn area its always crowded with heavy spawnkillers..

let me know what you guys think!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • 100 1

I am not competent in the first point, so I will tell you about the rest.
As for the second point, I will say that it never really bothered me, and the job of a field operator is to constantly call for artillery and airstrikes.
The third point was discussed earlier, but ultimately the decision was not positive.
The fourth point often depends on the map. There are maps where you can and sometimes need to spawncamp (the same goldrush), and there are those where this will not work. It is difficult to offer any specific suggestions.

Edited by Vasylich
  • Like 4

Thanks for the suggestion, I see there are some good points here to consider.

1. I dont see how this is possible? To me it is quite realistic as it is now...

2. This is something I agree. Even if it's a fun server, many, many times the situation is this: ppl spam arty and noone really does it effective if they dont know where to place it. Now 2 fops is good if one places artillery and other throws the airstrike. And also if they'd just give ammo! But yes, I'd say the time beetween arty's could be extended a bit, especially with crowded server. Also the damage radius is very big(?), it's like you need to run half a map to get away from it!

3. This was under discussion and still will be

4. No. On every other clan this has been tried to do, it is a real mess to do. Stresses ppl, especially admins and just creates useless tensions beetween ppl. For flamethrower we are also discussing and should be taken off from small maps maybe or atleast add selfdamage.

• Like 7

"

4. No. On every other clan this has been tried to do, it is a real mess to do. Stresses ppl, especially admins and just creates useless tensions beetween ppl. For flamethrower we are also discussing and should be taken off from small maps maybe or atleast add selfdamage.

"

just reduce their movement speed.

in real a flamer is super slow!

Rendel mostly answered 😄 

5 hours ago, Drempa said:

3. i believe the number of bots for each teams is too much, maybe lowering the number of bots for each team. 

This will be always discussed, in the past I also suggested lowering bots but not anymore. There was a small 'test' on beg2 in the past, we slightly reduced the number of bots and server was getting less and less players.

We have players who enjoy killing bots, those who don't like it tend to come to the server in a relatively short time so we don't have bots. It's a problem for like 2-3h per day IMO.

2 hours ago, RendeL said:

But yes, I'd say the time beetween arty's could be extended a bit, especially with crowded server.

This sounds good 😄 

• Thanks 1

about the heavy spawnkilling, it is indeed the most stress job is to keep an eye on those rulebreakers xD, but i remember when i owned a server back in 2010 there was a code for soldiers they cant get near the spawn area, they be pushed automatically.. i dont really remember how it was done but maybe someone here knows what im talking about??

15 hours ago, RendeL said:

2. This is something I agree. Even if it's a fun server, many, many times the situation is this: ppl spam arty and noone really does it effective if they dont know where to place it. Now 2 fops is good if one places artillery and other throws the airstrike. And also if they'd just give ammo! But yes, I'd say the time beetween arty's could be extended a bit, especially with crowded server. Also the damage radius is very big(?), it's like you need to run half a map to get away from it!

i dont really know what is the solution for this, ive seen other players also complaining about arty spam, the worst part is most of fieldops players be camping near spawnarea and spamming arty without caring for obj.

i personally think extending the arty-recharge time is not enough, someone here is smarter than me that can provide better solution 😅

anyways i forgot to mention another issue that has been bothering me a bit, idk if its a server-setting or a player-setting, the screen shake like hell when there are explosions which  can make it near impossible to aim, is there solution for that??

v581

One off the thing that i like on fa servers is sk is allowed well if you guys dont allowed we will get a LOT complains about that and ppl leave the server, to me i quit adrenaline and make the bots more helpfull when we ask for medic/ammo pcks if they can send it at some far distance why do they stick to us to give us and them we have to pick them up 😂 nades could have more damage and we need gas to on server that my opinion so far

9 hours ago, OliveiraptV said:

One off the thing that i like on fa servers is sk is allowed well if you guys dont allowed we will get a LOT complains about that and ppl leave the server, to me i quit adrenaline and make the bots more helpfull when we ask for medic/ammo pcks if they can send it at some far distance why do they stick to us to give us and them we have to pick them up 😂 nades could have more damage and we need gas to on server that my opinion so far

Gas? Do you mean the awful green stuff from jaymod? You must be crazy 🤣

• Haha 2
  • 100 1

What about removing the ability to use adrenaline when using a flamethrower?

Wouldn't this be a fair way to mitigate the exploit *wink, wink* of not taking self-inflicted damage?

Could this technically be done?

Edited by PHNTM
  • Like 4

Last weeks server has been almost full every evening. Imo we should put in more bigger maps. I would suggest some MLB maps, like Daybreak and Hotchkiss, but also FG warzone. I know some crash, but so does Capuzzo at the end and its still in. I would be good having more big multiple extendable maps in !

• Like 7

On 11/24/2023 at 9:16 PM, Cracker said:

Last weeks server has been almost full every evening. Imo we should put in more bigger maps. I would suggest some MLB maps, like Daybreak and Hotchkiss, but also FG warzone. I know some crash, but so does Capuzzo at the end and its still in. I would be good having more big multiple extendable maps in !

What for players alwsys choosing the same maps over and over its rare when they choose the new maps you guys need to make some fake chossen so the new maps can be played or else theres no need to put new maps

6 hours ago, TBAR Flash said:

Oh please gimme the Rifle on Beg2 with max power like on NQ1

and i will rock the house. 😁

Go play on recruiting and see the power there 😂😂

• 3 months later...

Bump.

Mine damage would be increased, like 1 mine to -100hp, and only cvop could see them by walking nearby /  spot with binocs.

now it is annoying, medic running over 4 mines and continues his journey :F

• Like 3