Upgrade to GTX-1080, From My Vantage Point It Was

Blunt

So a couple of years ago I dropped a glass of water on the topside of my tower fan.  It took out my GTX 970, a vid card I had loved since 2016.  Because of the great GPU shortage, it was slim pickings for vid cards, got a used GTX 1060-3GB for $200.  While it worked fine, I hated on that card for 2 years while I waited for GPU prices to fall.  They didn't fall much and Nvidia is getting some some bad press on the latest 4000 series, people are saying the AMD cards are the better value these days.  I don't want to spend $400 on a card I won't be happy with long term.  Not to mention, I have been contemplating buying a used card, but just haven't seen the price to make me buy used. 

So I spotted a new GTX 1080-8GB vid card on Newegg for $160 by some manufacturer I never heard of before.   I am not usually a risk taker, but I really, really hate my 1060 , so I took a long shot and bought it while I continue to wait for the GPU dust to settle down.    I have been running it for 2 days now and must say I am enjoying it.    So if anybody else is looking for a value Nvidia GTX-1080-8GB, I can tell you this no name manufacturer is real and works.  If you notice my shooting is a little better, it's the vid card not me.
https://www.newegg.com/p/1FT-00J4-00031?Description=1080&cm_re=1080-_-9SIAVWRJW78370-_-Product

• Like 1
  • 100 1

I have had a 1060 6GB for the longest time and I have to say, I noticed from my friends having 1060 3GB that the 6GB really DOES make a difference. I loved my 1060 and for the absurd amount of time it was with me, it really did deliver on everything I need (I am a hardcore Total War fan, so graphic cards were never top priority anyway).

18 hours ago, Xiahou Dun said:

I have had a 1060 6GB for the longest time and I have to say, I noticed from my friends having 1060 3GB that the 6GB really DOES make a difference. I loved my 1060 and for the absurd amount of time it was with me, it really did deliver on everything I need (I am a hardcore Total War fan, so graphic cards were never top priority anyway).

Dude, ... it's not just the graphics cards,... duh... 🙄

you need to have a 166hz monitor with gsync to be able to make headshots from across the map with a 250 ping bro...duh lol,...meh...

lmfao

• Haha 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Vice86 said:

Dude, ... it's not just the graphics cards,... duh... 🙄

you need to have a 166hz monitor with gsync to be able to make headshots from across the map with a 250 ping bro...duh lol,...meh...

lmfao

Graphic cards are getting less expensive, but inflation is ruthless, plane tickets from Argentina to Germany must surely be more pricey than they were 2 years ago. 😘

• Haha 1

I currently have a 3080ti in my new rig but my old gaming rig was indeed a 1080ti graphics card and I have to say it held up really well I actually still have the PC instead of the 1080 I would've advised you to get the ti series I like them much better but I am glad it is working out for you very well.

Edited by iCiCeLzz
Cant type for shid lol