Pvt. Parts, signing on...

Pvt. Parts

Hello everyone.

My name is Pvt. Parts, or Ryan in real life, not sure if I ever mentioned that before but I'm sure I have.

Not sure how many, if any at all, remember me or who I am, but I was somewhat active long ago and a junior(?, new, young, I'm not sure) admin for the FA COD4 servers. I received an email randomly about the fearless assassin's update recently and boy did it send me down memory lane. It brought back so many memories of not only the insane amount of time and fun I had playing COD4, but also my relatively short time as an admin for one of the great servers of the game. If anyone here cares, I'm not quite what sure compelled me to do this, but I wanted to give a small update to those who care at all read this.

When I was an admin back in the mid 2010s, I was a very lost teenager/highschool student who seeked validation more than anything. I lied about a lot of things and stretched the truth on more. But yes, I was addicted to painkillers at the time and during such a complex emotional and developmentally confusing time, I was lost and confused in many ways. I had a very good and even privileged home life, growing up I was always better off and maybe upper middle class and had the privileged white boy problems, hence the painkiller addiction. However, I was able to overcome all of that and sort of figure myself out. I got clean from all of my drugs and problems, and while I still have a bit of an addictive personality that runs in my family, I don't do any drugs anymore. Although I love my nicotine via Zyn's lol, I feel much better about myself. 

Today, I am 25 year old EMT who feels much more confident and secure than I did when I was active all those years ago. Becoming an EMT is never what I had planned, even through my 4 years of undergrad. However, it has taught me a lot about life and myself. It is an incredibly rewarding job, and has a certain honorable feeling that I doubt anything can compare to. I also have a very beautiful and loving fiance to whom I am getting married to later this year, and hopefully starting a family not too long after. Not only that, but we also own a house together! One which we share with our two beautiful cats and one lovable dog. How many 25 year olds can say and accomplish all of that these days?

To say I have led an incredibly blessed and grateful life since I lasted logged onto this site is an understatement. Life has been hard and stressful, I can't deny that. But to sit back and count my blessings, I feel I have more than most to be grateful for. Sure I still have my problems and my stress, but that's part of life and being an adult. I have worked two jobs most of my life, I worked hard in all that I did and it has slowly paid off. Like I said, not entirely sure what compelled me to write this out, maybe it is some sort of therapy, or maybe I'm feeling nostalgic for all the time I had as a fearless assassin's admin and member and wanted to give yinz an update.

I want to thank LeftWingVixen, Smoke, Spec Ops, lefty, Milli, Thundercats, raskin, sonofdoc, Audrey, snipegirl,  chameleon, daredevil, and I'm not even sure how many others. I'm sure most, if not all, of you are gone by now, but you made my time here on this site and the COD4 servers a hell of a lot a fun.

Anyways, thanks for reading my short update, even though none of you may remember me.

Pvt Parts, over and out.

Edited by Pvt. Parts
  • Like 5

Hello!

Your story impressed me and after reading it, I felt proud of you. You were able to become even better and it deserves respect!

Welcome back!

• Like 1

• Leader
On 3/25/2023 at 9:18 PM, Pvt. Parts said:

I want to thank LeftWingVixen, Smoke, Spec Ops, lefty, Milli, Thundercats, raskin, sonofdoc, Audrey, snipegirl,  chameleon, daredevil, and I'm not even sure how many others. I'm sure most, if not all, of you are gone by now, but you made my time here on this site and the COD4 servers a hell of a lot a fun.

Some are "gone" some are "here" and some are "semi-absent". 😄  RL "gets us all" in the End. 😄  

If you wish to 'return', I can set your profile Group back to "COD Member" and you can see what games we have now and which you might want to participate in. 😄  

We have GameDays for Enemy Territory and Insurgency coming up soon.  Check the News topic! 🎆

• Leader

I was just looking through your posting history to see when your "glory days" were here and came across this one.

That makes me smile!  photo-thumb-12038.jpg

hey man - great intro and welcome back to the forums after a lengthy hiatus! I can relate to your story in a handful of ways 

good on you for being an EMT - got a few friends are medics/EMTs/first responders and it can definitely be a difficult job putting in crazy hours - glad you find the role rewarding and recognize the amazing good you do.

Download Enemy territory if interested - its not COD, but we have a good time!

• Like 1