ET Small Old/Forgotten Objective Maps

ASBO

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to get some knowledge off all of you ET nerds 😄

Can anyone recommend some small objective based maps that could be played 3v3, that may have been lost to the annals of time?? I found one called NoMercy, which im going to attempt to edit as it has potential

I never really played ET back in the day when map making was at its peak, so i'm sure there must be some hidden gems lurking out there that I can test out

Many thanks for any recommendations

• Like 2

• Administrators

Hi,

Edit has in modify map through mapping or through .script? Are you looking for feedback to modify things? If yes, many wouldn't know the map and I can host the test server playing just that map for you.. so folks can share feedback.

PS I have wish list based on map optimization .... :) 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, daredevil said:

Hi,

Edit has in modify map through mapping or through .script? 

Mapping, even though I have never done any ET mapping before in my life. Just looking for more maps to play some friendly obj games with. If I figure it out though and it's not to time consuming I can of course help out with that list you have 🤝

8 hours ago, Cross Marian said:

Thanks! I'll check some of these out tonight that I have not seen before! Cant believe you called me short! 😁😉😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Woah nice topic and amazing suggestions Cross! I dont know any of them :3. Besides the regular 3v3s i like missile, et_village, et_ice, Library, Karsiah and Reactor and Erdenberg!

Edited by Cracker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Mapping Tools should be available for free (GTKRadiant + q3map2 (which should be included in GTK)).

A tip: You should have a clean ET installation (without custom maps and mods) for mapping and testing.

There is a possibility to de-compile maps (you should try to contact the author first if you want to alter the map and distribute it).

The 6 stock maps have been released as source (.map) files.

So you can have a look at those.

You could also have a look at etpro map scripting (it's also available on some other mods AFAIR).

Maps can be altered only by changing the mapscript parts.

No de-compiling and compiling of a map is necessary.

• Thanks 1

Ressources:

Wolf ET Map Sources (of the 6 stock maps):

http://wolfenstein4ever.de/index.php/downloads/viewdownload/29-et-tools-utilitys/1487-et-map-source

ET Pro Mapscripting:

https://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=3328&sid=8cf3b289604bb4fda60b646f530b3280

Back in the days I've created a faster Fueldump ET-Pro mapscript if you want to have a look.