Rambo / Rabmo

Rabmo
Go to solution Solved by daredevil,

Can you tell us which server are you playing on?

Where do you live?

Are you using VPN?

Also make sure that you're not having any downloads going on steam, windows update etc.

Reset your router, do a speedtest and see if you have packet loss or big ping.

See other games, if they're having issues as well or just Enemt Territory.

Edit: Thanks Valk, the most obvious one, do /r_primitives 2 first and see if it helps 😄

Edited by Nikolai
more suggestions
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Rabmo said:

My ping goes up and down between 170 to 350 that fluctuates frequently.... anyone can help... 🥲

To relay on what Nikolai said, are you using the ET download from steam? If so, may I suggest downloading ET from splashdamage or the ETLegacy site.

Also if you're using the 2.6b version, do /com_maxfps 125 and /r_primitives 2 in console and that should help. NOTE: I don't think these commands work if you're using ETLegacy.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

Download and run "WinMTR" and "Ping plotter"

Run each for at least 100 packets minimum at the time you are having these connection issues and ping the server of youe choice uaing the servers IP address, then post your reslults here.

This will narrow down or pin point where your issue is so we're not all just taking shots in the dark.

If you need help setting up and running the programs, post again here and I or someone else will give you a hand.

• Like 1

• Leader
16 hours ago, Rabmo said:

My ping goes up and down between 170 to 350 that fluctuates frequently.... anyone can help... 🥲

The title of this topic is "Rambo".  Would you like me to change it to your name, "Rabmo"?

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
  • Solution

Yeah ping goes up and down - Stop downloading while playing i.e. watching utube, netflix, etc. and/or turn on QoS on your router with higher priority to game. 

• RedBaird changed the title to Rambo / Rabmo