XP Reset after some time [on private server]

OldMeister
Go to solution Solved by RendeL,

Hello everyone

i am hosting a server with a nitmod and i have a problem. i have enabled xp save for everyone and the xp does save but after some time the xp is getting reset and nothing is saved. it is happening to me and other players. is there any idea to fix the xp problem?

• Solution

Hey.

Looking at the nitmod cvars, check these:

g_XPSave

Bitflag to modify XPSave options

0 : Disable XPSave

1 : Enable XPSave - Saved when client disconnects, or when map ends/restarts

2 : Don't erase current map XP when map restarts

4 : Never reset saved XP - XP can still be reset using !resetxp, !resetmyxp.

8 : Drop clients with the same NGUID as a connecting client to avoid corrupted XPSave

Default: 15

Note: XPSave system requires a valid SQLite database!

g_XPSaveMaxAge

XPSave duration in seconds.

Default: 86400

Note: This value is ignored if g_XPSave flag 4 is enabled

36 minutes ago, RendeL said:

If it is a rented server, shouldn't be a problem. On home server it can be an issue.

I assume you have either restarted or loaded configs after changes too.

I do not understand listen 

I  have bought  vps server and have built nitmod server 

I have done what needed with SQLite Database it have created me a file named NITMOD_DB.sqlite

I think I have done it right but if I am doing g_XPSave 1 XP saves for few maps and reset 

if I am doing g_XPSave  4 xp reset every map please I am doing anything and its still not work 

thanks for help!  

Try the default value of g_XPSave. It is 15.

And check these too:

g_maxXP

Reset XP when a player reach this limit. (-1 to disable)

Default: -1

g_XPDecay

Decays players XP on the server when set to 1.

1 : Enable XP Decay

2 : Do not decay a player's XP when they are disconnected from the server.

4 : Do not decay a player's XP for the class they are currently playing as.

8 : Do not decay a player's XP while they are spectating.

16 : Do not decay a player's XP during warmup/intermission.

32 : Do not decay a player's XP when he/she is playing on a team.

64 : Do not decay a player's Battle Sense XP when he/she is playing.

128 : Do not decay a player's Light Weapons XP when he/she is playing.

Default: 0

Here default is 0, so I'd try calculating if the xpsave value change wont help.

54 minutes ago, OldMeister said:

I do not understand listen 

I  have bought  vps server and have built nitmod server 

I have done what needed with SQLite Database it have created me a file named NITMOD_DB.sqlite

I think I have done it right but if I am doing g_XPSave 1 XP saves for few maps and reset 

if I am doing g_XPSave  4 xp reset every map please I am doing anything and its still not work 

thanks for help!  

I think the database has wrong path. Check this out and try again:

Setting up SQLite Database

N!tmod includes a powerful Shrubbot like admin system, partially rewritten to use a SQLite database, extend features and provide higher performance.

It allows you to modify/add/delete admin levels and manage every player who has connected to your server, even whey they are offline

Admin system is disabled by default, because it requires you to set the path to where you want the SQLite database file to be saved, using the n_SQLiteDBPath Cvar.

The database file will be automaticly created if the above cvar is set correctly, and the server process has read/write permissions on the specified path.

If an invalid filename is provided, the mod will attempt to create a "NITMOD_DB.sqlite" database inside "fs_homepath"/nitmod directory.

The SQLite database is also required for XPSave (see g_XPSave), Offline messaging (see n_userMail) and Map records (see n_mapRecords)

3 hours ago, RendeL said:

I think the database has wrong path. Check this out and try again:

Setting up SQLite Database

N!tmod includes a powerful Shrubbot like admin system, partially rewritten to use a SQLite database, extend features and provide higher performance.

It allows you to modify/add/delete admin levels and manage every player who has connected to your server, even whey they are offline

Admin system is disabled by default, because it requires you to set the path to where you want the SQLite database file to be saved, using the n_SQLiteDBPath Cvar.

The database file will be automaticly created if the above cvar is set correctly, and the server process has read/write permissions on the specified path.

If an invalid filename is provided, the mod will attempt to create a "NITMOD_DB.sqlite" database inside "fs_homepath"/nitmod directory.

The SQLite database is also required for XPSave (see g_XPSave), Offline messaging (see n_userMail) and Map records (see n_mapRecords)

i put the path on -set n_SQLiteDBPath "C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\nitmod" 

• RedBaird changed the title to XP Reset after some time [on private server]

If i got this right, the path on your server is still wrong.

n_SQLiteDBPath

Absolute path to the SQLite database file.

Must include filename (ex: C:\nitmod.sqlite) !!

Database file will automaticly be created.

Admin System, XPSave, Mails and Map Records will be unavailable if this cvar is not or not correctly set or if something went wrong while opening the file.

Errors will be printed in the server console and written to logs (if logging is enabled). This can help us solving your problems.

I'd put it this way: C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\nitmod.sqlite

4 hours ago, RendeL said:

If i got this right, the path on your server is still wrong.

n_SQLiteDBPath

Absolute path to the SQLite database file.

Must include filename (ex: C:\nitmod.sqlite) !!

Database file will automaticly be created.

Admin System, XPSave, Mails and Map Records will be unavailable if this cvar is not or not correctly set or if something went wrong while opening the file.

Errors will be printed in the server console and written to logs (if logging is enabled). This can help us solving your problems.

I'd put it this way: C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\nitmod.sqlite

i do it its still not work look i upload image from nitmod.cfg

Capture.PNG

• Administrators

FYI:  Server path and ET installation path can be different. 

Share your

1. Command line:

2. Server Path.

3. XP Save path in your server config. 

Somewhere their is mismatch.

On 4/16/2022 at 6:40 PM, daredevil said:

FYI:  Server path and ET installation path can be different. 

Share your

1. Command line:

2. Server Path.

3. XP Save path in your server config. 

Somewhere their is mismatch.

server path -C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\nitmod

xp save path -C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\nitmod

and command line ?

Just now, OldMeister said:

server path -C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\nitmod

xp save path -C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\nitmod

and command line ?

somebody can help on discord to share my screen or send to you nitmod cfg please i very close to shutdown the server and this very sucks .. !

I think the command line is ok as server is running. I can be wrong with this tho, so in command line there should be something like: +set dedicated 2 +fs_game nitmod......

That sqlite path is still wrong comparing to the installation guide (did you read it at all?). Just try this in your server cfg: set n_SQLiteDBPath "./nitmod/nitmod.sqlite"

9 hours ago, RendeL said:

I think the command line is ok as server is running. I can be wrong with this tho, so in command line there should be something like: +set dedicated 2 +fs_game nitmod......

That sqlite path is still wrong comparing to the installation guide (did you read it at all?). Just try this in your server cfg: set n_SQLiteDBPath "./nitmod/nitmod.sqlite"

hey i do this C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\nitmod\nitmod_db.sqlite

and in my command line its +set dedicated 2 +set fs_game "nitmod"  +exec server.cfg

please look at my server.cfg and nitmod.cfg

and also if something wrong please tell me i want to know 

its my first server and i still learning thanks for help!

Just now, OldMeister said:

hey i do this C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\nitmod\nitmod_db.sqlite

and in my command line its +set dedicated 2 +set fs_game "nitmod"  +exec server.cfg

please look at my server.cfg and nitmod.cfg

and also if something wrong please tell me i want to know 

its my first server and i still learning thanks for help!

nitmod.cfg server.cfg