Windows No input display

ASBO

• Leader
13 hours ago, Haruhi Suzumiya said:

I just almost had an aneurysm running into a similar issue just now.

First boot and windows only came up on my 2nd screen which is running on an hdmi.  Main screen using a display cable wouldn't be detected.  After a few boots and screwing around I got it to detect my main screen but still wouldn't let me use it.

After another boot I couldn't get an image on either screen, this is where I almost had the aneurysm because I just installed a 3070ti a week ago and thought it may have gotten damaged at some point.

Luckily I stayed calm and used some critical thinking skills.  Electronics don't work unless supplied with the proper voltage and I had most things, PC, Main screen, and modem, on a UPS, along with 2nd screen and 2 lights on the circuit breaker only part of the UPS.  Knowing the UPS is getting pretty old and my PC is now pulling a lot more voltage with the new card.  I decided to move everything over to a normal power strip and now it all works. :) 

Just a little info for someone that may run into the same situation as I just did in the future. 

omg! i had the exact same problem last week when i installed a 3080 ventus in my girlfriend's PC. HDMI was working but not DP. I also lost all sound until i realized for some reason it changed the sound settings by itself. I didn't have time to check the problem deeper for the display port. You might have solved our problem 😛 

• 2 months later...
  • Platinum VIP
On 3/24/2022 at 10:47 AM, rambozo37 said:

omg! i had the exact same problem last week when i installed a 3080 ventus in my girlfriend's PC. HDMI was working but not DP. I also lost all sound until i realized for some reason it changed the sound settings by itself. I didn't have time to check the problem deeper for the display port. You might have solved our problem 😛 

I had the sound issue every time Nvidia did an update, changing my default sound from my SP/DIF Optical output to HDMI Output. I had to go to Control Panel and switch it back in Sounds settings every time

Since I switched to Linux, that never happens

Edited by -=HipKat=-

8 hours ago, -=HipKat=- said:

I had the sound issue every time Nvidia did an update, changing my default sound from my SP/DIF Optical output to HDMI Output. I had to go to Control Panel and switch it back in Sounds settings every time

If using a display port this is usually caused when you do an express install of Nvidia drivers as it also reinstalls the HD sound driver (which prob isn't any newer than the older one), doing a custom install and selecting just the driver stops that happening.

On HDMI you may have the same prob every time even if you custom install and unselect Physx and HD sound..... Because the display driver is stopped, uninstalled, reinstalled and then restarted the system picks up the HDMI sound output and defaults to that (new install as far as PC is concerned). Its a bit like plugging a HDMI in on the fly into a TV, the TV detects and switchs to that device if the TV has CEC.

Edited by Snuffs99