Windows No input display

ASBO

So my computer was fully working and up to date, but i wanted a new case as mine was ancient and had rubbish fan cooling.

Bought a new case and swapped over all the parts and now i get a 'no input from display port' error message on my monitor. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong (i don't have any kit to do any diagnostics)

It seemed like a power issue, but all connections from the GPU to monitor and PSU to the motherboard/GPU are good.

MBoard is not touching the case and all the brass standoffs are new

Reset the CMOS and tested the RAM in different slots

Everything lights up, motherboard show a green light

PSU and GPU fans spin at start but then stop, fan on the CPU heat sink works permanently

Anything else I can try? Or do you think i have messed shorted the Mboard (x570-plus gaming) when i was transferring everything across? or another item?

Going to take a spare GPU from work today and try that tonight, any other suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks

13 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

And  your  sure monitor is setted into dp/hdmi in your  gfx card ?

Yep, no lose connections from the GPU to the monitor

• 100 1

11 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

Try connect to another screen like a TV ?

Ill take another monitor from work today too and see if it is the monitor.

Just annoying because everything was working fine until i changed case, not touched the monitor(which is only a couple months old) or any settings since then

Thanks

if CPU has GPU support try connecting monitor to hdmi output on motherboard - It will not work if there is no gpu support.

I encountered problems like this, it may sound funny, but it was fixed after removing and installing the ram 6 7 times.

Are you sure the CPU fan fits well and the thermal paste is well made, if it doesn't fit properly, the computer will shut down because the temperature will be too high.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, mehmet said:

if CPU has GPU support try connecting monitor to hdmi output on motherboard - It will not work if there is no gpu support.

I encountered problems like this, it may sound funny, but it was fixed after removing and installing the ram 6 7 times.

Are you sure the CPU fan fits well and the thermal paste is well made, if it doesn't fit properly, the computer will shut down because the temperature will be too high.

Unfortunately my Ryzen CPU doesn't come with integrated graphics or GPU 🙃

I will check the CPU tonight though, see if all of the pins are in good shape too

Thanks

Edited by ASBO

What about power supply?

New power supply on new case? Maybe failing?

If I were you I will take all out of case on my desk and try to run computer on desk. Put a cartoon under the main board.

I hope it helps

• Thanks 1

As rambozo said, reinstall your gfx card to make sure it's snapped in completely.  You can also try a different cable or cable type and make sure you set your cards output correctly and screens input settings correcrl for whichever cable type you're using.  Most of that should be automatic but you never know.  My money's on something not being fully snapped into motherboard.

check both windows display settings and your video card drivers to see if the screen is even being detected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Everyone,

Just an update i think i have cracked it.

As everyone suggested, it more and more seemed like a connectivity issue, so i took a spare monitor and GPU from work yesterday. When I got home i took everything apart and meticulously put it back together making sure everything was snapped, installed clipped in etc, plugged the monitor in and.......nothing 😂

So i tired the other GPU, nothing. So i tried the new monitor from work with HDMI and got my bios screen as I have reset the motherboard. Success!

So i tired HDMI on my monitor and got nothing again. Same with the DP IN in either ports. 

So I went a bought a new DP 1.4 cable, reset the monitor to factory settings and finally we have lift off! Just a bit of a flickering issue now but i think that is because i have put it back to factory and need to set it up again.

Thanks for all of the help and suggestions guys it is much appreciated

😃

• Like 2
  • 100 2

I just almost had an aneurysm running into a similar issue just now.

First boot and windows only came up on my 2nd screen which is running on an hdmi.  Main screen using a display cable wouldn't be detected.  After a few boots and screwing around I got it to detect my main screen but still wouldn't let me use it.

After another boot I couldn't get an image on either screen, this is where I almost had the aneurysm because I just installed a 3070ti a week ago and thought it may have gotten damaged at some point.

Luckily I stayed calm and used some critical thinking skills.  Electronics don't work unless supplied with the proper voltage and I had most things, PC, Main screen, and modem, on a UPS, along with 2nd screen and 2 lights on the circuit breaker only part of the UPS.  Knowing the UPS is getting pretty old and my PC is now pulling a lot more voltage with the new card.  I decided to move everything over to a normal power strip and now it all works. :) 

Just a little info for someone that may run into the same situation as I just did in the future. 

• Like 2