NASA spacecraft snaps gorgeous new photo of Jupiter's moons Io and Europa.

LazyHippo

NASA's Juno spacecraft flew close to Jupiter on Jan. 12, capturing a stunning new view of the planet and two of its moons, lo and Europa.

Juno's latest view of the two moons was captured during the spacecraft's 39th close flyby of Jupiter on Jan. 12. At the time, the spacecraft was about 38,000 miles (61,000 kilometers) above Jupiter's cloud tops, at a latitude of about 52 degrees south. 

The new photo, which NASA shared on March 16, offers a stunning view of Jupiter's southern hemisphere, with two of its many moons to the right of the frame. A zoomed in view that the agency also shared brings the moons into clear view, with Io on the left and Europa on the right. 

Jupiter's moon Io is the most volcanic body in the solar system. Hundreds of volcanoes dot its surface, some of them spewing sulfurous plumes hundreds of miles high. 

Conversely, Europa, the smallest of Jupiter's four giant Galilean moons, has an icy surface, beneath which lies a global ocean of liquid water, scientists believe. Previous observations have found evidence of possible water plumes jetting from the Europa's south polar region, suggesting that there is water in the moon's subsurface ocean breaking out through cracks in the icy crust.

The Juno spacecraft is expected to make its closest fly-by of Europa later this year, in September. During this fly-by, the probe will use several of its scientific instruments to study Europa in greater detail and capture even more stunning views of the mysterious moon.

The Juno mission will also make close approaches to lo in late 2023 and early 2024, according to the NASA statement. The mission is currently expected to end in September 2025.

Two key spacecraft will soon follow in Juno's wake designed to focus exclusively on understanding the giant's moons: NASA's Europa Clipper mission and the European Space Agency's Jupiter Icy Moons Explorer (JUICE).

The new Jupiter photo was processed by citizen scientist Andrea Luck, using raw data from the JunoCam instrument. JunoCam's raw images are available online to the public; members of the community can also suggest features on Jupiter for the camera to photograph.

Juno1.jpeg

Juno2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Surprise 2
  • 100 1

On 3/20/2022 at 8:38 PM, Daddy said:

We are not alone in the universe

U.S. Navy patents theoretical ship that bends physics to speed through air, water, and space | Daily Mail Online

Navy "UFO Patent" Documents Talk Of "Spacetime Modification Weapon," Detail Experimental Testing (thedrive.com)

There is a MOUNTAIN of evidence that you are correct. I am a contactee... (But I don't want to sound completely insane here) Not only CAN I provide a mountain of disclosure but also a mountain of evidence that we have alien technology and have reversed engineered it. 

We are definitely not alone and that goes back at least to the late 1800s...  

Tesla science, anti-gravity.... Einstein, Werner Heisenberg... There is just so so sooooo much evidence of "super science", "alien science"... Montauk... Grilleflame, Stargate,  Project Rainbow.... 
And...I've lived alot of this stuff myself...but yeah, the world isn't ready for this yet. I wanted to believe that we were evolving, awakening but after the last 10 years , seeing how much hatred and ignorance the world possesses and no lack of critical thinking... I gave up...more or less...

They have technology FAR FARRRR beyond what most can even imagine.  The government is A Truman show and yeah you wouldn't believe they could keep anything from you... and they haven't really... THERE IS LOADS OF EVIDENCE to those who just piece it together...but... the shadow government is the real government concealing super science and technology from the masses... 

I don't know what they do with this technology but I know it exists,  I've seen some of it firsthand.  But, haha... hahaa.... yeah, like anyone would ever believe that. I'm not sure what made me someone who could witness this, why I would ever be involved but through some strange turn of events i was and now I'm just trying to live a normal life and pretend that nothing ever happened and that none of this exists but it does....IT DOES 

It's real, all of it. It's all real... and the US is playing very dumb about the subject.  I'm going to play dumb too and no more replies from me on this subject. I will respond to nothing.  I will not even read responses to this post. That's how serious I am.  (I'm done with that life...) 

main-qimg-ca3a267a87c80db0ecca134e33bf80c3.jpg

Edited by spectator