Need New GPU?

nAbish

• Platinum VIP
23 hours ago, mraw435 said:

Hey Capt! I just looked up the GPU I bough at the end of 2020 (right before the skyrocketing prices) and it is selling $400 more than what I spent 😑

Similar to what Blunt said - I have read so many reviews of used cards burning out pretty quickly unless from a friend or something. If you can wait, here are some points I read recently:

- Nvidia projects prices will drop in the 3rd and 4th quarter of 2022

- Many cryptos (namely Ethereum) are hoping to switch to proof of stake this year which will reduce the demand of GPUs for miners

- European Union and US scientific community see trends of significant decrease in COVID cases after the Omicron spike - resulting in potential "normalcy" and improved global supply chain

If you are pressed for time - the 1050 seems solid (coming from a novice trying to learn more every day haha) and price isn't horrendous on newegg!

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-660-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1050/2162vs3650

side note: @nAbish did you get those spiking issues sorted out?!

In the process of moving houses, just got pc and wifi set up haven't had much time to test. Before I moved I was still having crashes and spikes 😕 Hopefully I can figure something out... Is there anyway I can disable my amd rx 580 and use my onboard gpu? (If I have one..) If so can someone please tell me how and what command?

Cheers!

1 hour ago, nAbish said:

In the process of moving houses, just got pc and wifi set up haven't had much time to test. Before I moved I was still having crashes and spikes 😕 Hopefully I can figure something out... Is there anyway I can disable my amd rx 580 and use my onboard gpu? (If I have one..) If so can someone please tell me how and what command?

Cheers!

If its a desktop this should be easy. Plug your monitor into your motherboard's output instead of your (dedicated) gpu port. If its a laptop its a bit trickier, but you should be able to configure each program individually.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum VIP
5 hours ago, Broham said:

If its a desktop this should be easy. Plug your monitor into your motherboard's output instead of your (dedicated) gpu port. If its a laptop its a bit trickier, but you should be able to configure each program individually.

Thank you! Now another question, why would my ET run fine in windowed mode but crash in full screen mode? 

14 hours ago, nAbish said:

Thank you! Now another question, why would my ET run fine in windowed mode but crash in full screen mode? 

discord overlay? try loading out et first then getting on discord. 

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Thanks 1

Is your scaling set to 100%? I'm not sure if u using Nvidia control panel, u could change some settings there.

You using config?

seta r_mode “-1”
seta r_customwidth “1920”
seta r_customheight “1080”

/vid_restart

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum VIP
3 hours ago, Wolf said:

Is your scaling set to 100%? I'm not sure if u using Nvidia control panel, u could change some settings there.

You using config?

seta r_mode “-1”
seta r_customwidth “1920”
seta r_customheight “1080”

/vid_restart

Yes those are my settings. Running amd rx 580. >>>>>

5 hours ago, Blunt said:

Tried this and it is working thus far. We will see how long it holds up. Will update later!

Thank you! ANY more suggestions are greatly appreciated!

• Like 2