Can't join =F|A= servers

Jojo poutine

So my friend has windows XP. I made him install the ET full version from here but he is not able to connect to any =F|A= servers. Or he gets an error saying "couldn't not re open pak.0 or he gets to the download map screen and nothing downloads or happens. We tried the command /cl_allowdownload 1 but doesn't work. And this is just with =F|A= servers. He logged in other random servers successfully for testing purposes. He wants to play in =F|A= servers so Any help would be appreciated 

1 hour ago, Jojo poutine said:

So my friend has windows XP. I made him install the ET full version from here but he is not able to connect to any =F|A= servers. Or he gets an error saying "couldn't not re open pak.0 or he gets to the download map screen and nothing downloads or happens. We tried the command /cl_allowdownload 1 but doesn't work. And this is just with =F|A= servers. He logged in other random servers successfully for testing purposes. He wants to play in =F|A= servers so Any help would be appreciated 

Hey there..

Your friend can try to remove et from his computer completly and fresh download the ETLagacy version here:
https://www.etlegacy.com/download/release/275

Or he can try this steps to update his version to ET 2.60B
https://fearless-assassins.com/forums/topic/123380-nq2-trouble-connecting-solved/#comment-965106

Found something about the pak0

Goodluck hope this will help if not please let us know
Maybe we can provide u more help.

PS: Dont forget to let him save the etkey in etmain folder!!

• Like 1
  • 100 1

@Evil after downloading the pk3 cleaner he was able to join jaymod 1 and 2 and beginners servers. But not his favorite server NQ1. he will receive a new gaming laptop Saturday December 18th and I suggest him to try ET legacy. I know new version of ETL doesn't work with NQ2 But NQ1 does. Hoping he will be able to join during holidays GameDay December 18th. 

• Platinum VIP
On 12/14/2021 at 9:27 AM, Jojo poutine said:

Windows XP???? Jeez.....

• Like 2