Server Issue Bad GUID Invalid Etkey

Dink the Clown

Question

Hi there as asked by @Vasylich since he has the same kinda issue as I am as well.  Lately I have been visiting other =F|A= servers to welcome other players if I see some, and as of lately I have been trying to log on Nq 1 server via the server list and or connect to IP which I mainly do nq1.fa-clan.com:27960.  It acts like it wants to connect but goes to main ET screen with  error message saying "Bad GUID" Invalid Etkey so what I was wondering is there maybe a possibility that there is something wrong with the port because if I go to another server . ie jay 2 ,jay1, or silent then use FA's server list then try to connect to Nq1 then there isn't a issue.  Can someone please explain to me why this is??   Ty. 

Edited by Dink the Clown
Miss typed IP address

22 minutes ago, Dink the Clown said:

Hi there as asked by @Vasylich since he has the same kinda issue as I am as well.  Lately I have been visiting other =F|A= servers to welcome other players if I see some, and as of lately I have been trying to log on Nq 1 server via the server list and or connect to IP which I mainly do nq1.fa-clan.com:9760.  It acts like it wants to connect but goes to main ET screen with  error message saying "Bad GUID" Invalid Etkey so what I was wondering is there maybe a possibility that there is something wrong with the port because if I go to another server . ie jay 2 ,jay1, or silent then use FA's server list then try to connect to Nq1 then there isn't a issue.  Can someone please explain to me why this is??   Ty. 

If you’re using “9760” you need to add a 2 infront, ie “27960”

8 minutes ago, bLade. said:

If you’re using “9760” you need to add a 2 infront, ie “27960”

Lol oops That's what I meant to put down.   Haha silly Clown I do that and it still does not work

1 minute ago, Vasylich said:

Jay 1, 2, Beg2

I connected to these servers without problems and the first time, only with NQ this didn't happen.

Yes not one issue all other servers are fine and working for me but Nq1.  The only way I can connect to Nq1 is if I am on either one of the other servers such as Jay 1 -  2 silent and beg servers

“Invalid guid” error appears mostly when you have no etkey in your etmain folder. Since Evenbalance stopped supporting ET, the “invalid guid” errors appears frequently, because while installing the game, it doesn’t automatically generate the etkey.

So, do this:

Go to http://etkey.net/ and click on “Get an ETKEY” button and download one, then unpack and copy it into your installed ET/etmain/ folder.

Remember: the etkey file doesn’t have any extension.

However you are able to join a server without the etkey, but there is a big chance to get kicked right away for “Invalid guid”.

If you already have an etkey in your wolfenstein etmain folder, then you just need to enable your punkbuster.
You can enable your punkbuster when you're in the server by these simply commands:
/pb_cl_enable 1 & then you just do /reconnect (All in console)

Edited by bLade.
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bLade. said:

“Invalid guid” error appears mostly when you have no etkey in your etmain folder. Since Evenbalance stopped supporting ET, the “invalid guid” errors appears frequently, because while installing the game, it doesn’t automatically generate the etkey.

So, do this:

Go to http://etkey.org/ and click on “Get and ETKEY” button and download one, then unpack and copy it into your installed ET/etmain/ folder.

Remember: the etkey file doesn’t have any extension.

However you are able to join a server without the etkey, but there is a big chance to get kicked right away for “Invalid guid”.

I think Dink should first look for ETkey in the "etmain" folder. If so, then he will have to generate a key from the site. If not, the problem lies elsewhere.

• Like 1

I will also ask @Dink the Clown to run ET without mods. Then click on the "Play online" button. Then Dink should turn his eyes to the lower right corner of the monitor. There is a button that says "Turn Punkbuster On / Off". If Dink has a button that says "Turn off Punkbuster", then my theory has failed. If it says "Enable Punkbuster", then Dink needs to click on this button. Then launch the mod and try to connect to NQ1.

12 minutes ago, Dink the Clown said:

Cool. I will have to give that a try will that have any effect on my admin levels or cause any issues there?

Your GUIDs in the game and in your profile on the forum will be different if you change the key, and will not be affected at the administrator level. Make another copy of your ETkey (if you have one). If replacing ETkey did not help, then you need to delete the generated key and insert a copy of the key into a copy.

Edited by Vasylich

3 minutes ago, Dink the Clown said:

Thank you!! Will try that as soon as I can tomorrow

Let us know tomorrow if any of our solutions helped.

16 minutes ago, Dink the Clown said:

Cool. I will have to give that a try will that have any effect on my admin levels or cause any issues there?

Yes made a copy of your etkey first in case that don't work, cause you will have to update new ones in your profile and ask to be set again. 

You use 2.60b too or Legacy? 

When you connect NQ1 via FA menu, what IP it shows in loading screen? The same or another?  If another, try it in console for exemple, you have same error ? 

I have a similar problem with nq1 to enter. But I have to connect to nq2 first and then switch to nq1 and it works then  :)try to do this to enter nq2 first and then nq1. s1.thumb.jpg.f8231428db2a7616ad207bd39a04d98f.jpg

• Haha 1