ET BEGINNERS #2 Beg2 full server

PikeKiller

Exactly as ins4ne wrote :) there were a few seconds to the end of the map;) and server kicked everyone out.  After everyone had entered it was the end of the map

51 minutes ago, daredevil said:

What was running map and which map was about to load? Thanks

The next map after capuzo was the Haunted Mansion Final

Edited by PikeKiller

• Leader
1 hour ago, solatis said:

Mh...

when server is full it is full. What should be have done?

If Beginners#2 is full, then the server should offer to connect you to Silent#1 recruiting XPS.  That worked for me 2 days ago.

• Like 1

Just a little input from me: Beg#2 never redirected me when it was full in the past. It's always showed me the popup message @mehmet posted earlier. This happened couple of days ago too. I usually don't even try to enter when I see 50/50 😅

Maybe worth a look in the logs for the cvar that's doing this probably...

. RedBaird added link to mehmet post & pic: .

Edited by RedBaird
Added link to help High Admin troubleshoot this
  • Thanks 1

• Leader
17 hours ago, Apollonius said:

Just a little input from me: Beg#2 never redirected me when it was full in the past. It's always showed me the popup message @mehmet posted earlier. This happened couple of days ago too. I usually don't even try to enter when I see 50/50 😅

Maybe worth a look in the logs for the cvar that's doing this probably...

I wonder if that is what happens when both servers are full.  :hmm 

• 100 1

On 5/4/2022 at 12:34 AM, solatis said:

when server is full it is full. What should be have done?

Example a normal user can be kicked out and let me in! 😄   Even if the server is full, @RedBaird can send you to another FA server as they say! 

I am using ET LEGACY V2.76  - 

• Platinum VIP
9 minutes ago, mehmet said:

Even if the server is full, @RedBaird can send you to another FA server as they say! 

I don't think I'm a friend of this. If the server is full, a "the server is full"-message seems right to me. So i can decide by myself which server i will join instead. But just my opinion. Not very importend to me at all as i've no problem joining another =FA=-server. 🙂 This is that what i would normally do (if not all =FA=-servers are down).

Edited by solatis

Maybe... but as far as I can recall silent#1 wasn't full at that time😕. I'll try to check next time it happens...

On 5/5/2022 at 2:09 AM, solatis said:

I don't think I'm a friend of this. If the server is full, a "the server is full"-message seems right to me. So i can decide by myself which server i will join instead. But just my opinion. Not very importend to me at all as i've no problem joining another =FA=-server. 🙂 This is that what i would normally do (if not all =FA=-servers are down).

I'm not just saying this for you, you can know which server to enter or how!
A new player tried to enter the FA server and may see that it is full and go to another non FA server. but instead of showing that the server is full, it can send a new player to a more available server. The important thing is that we should not lose that new player to another server! Sometimes I can't enter the BG2 server for 10 minutes because it is full.  That's exactly what i wanted to say.

• Platinum VIP
12 minutes ago, mehmet said:

I'm not just saying this for you, you can know which server to enter or how!
A new player tried to enter the FA server and may see that it is full and go to another non FA server. but instead of showing that the server is full, it can send a new player to a more available server. The important thing is that we should not lose that new player to another server! Sometimes I can't enter the BG2 server for 10 minutes because it is full.  That's exactly what i wanted to say.

Yes, and i'm think you're totaly right with this. I think this is what most users would like. And i - as i said - am complete fine with that. But personal, if i try a new (not =FA=-) server i would consider it unappealing if it redirects me to another server. But i think this is not such an frequent opinion. (And if i already know that server - and know that it is such a great comunity like =FA= - i wouldn't bother the redirect at all). So just my opinion and all decisions here are fine to me. 🙂

By the way: why we don't have an =FA=-emoji? 😄

Edited by solatis

Usually , when server is full ,a generic msg pop in . Something like:   this server is full, would you like to be redirected to "jay 2" .

There you can click ok or cancel.. 

Redirect is not automatic , it give you the option to do it or not .

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP
4 minutes ago, Eazy said:

Usually , when server is full ,a generic msg pop in . Something like:   this server is full, would you like to be redirected to "jay 2" .

There you can click ok or cancel.. 

Redirect is not automatic , it give you the option to do it or not .

Ok, in that case +23 from me. Sounds like a great idea! 🙂

1 hour ago, mehmet said:

@GHARIB why did it crash after you came to the game ? it was usually crashing at the last minute, this time it was early

Too Cute Reaction GIF by CBS

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • 100 2