Suggestions in General across any servers

Tsweezy

#1: Allow highest ping in the server to be 200-250 ( most EU can get 150-199 ping on US servers )

#2: Kick/Ban players who only play 1 class regardless of how long they've been playing (given I play medic 80% of the time, I still max out everything and mess around with other classes); mostly the 3 map rule for heavy weapons should be more enforced.

#3: Only allowing 1-2 fops per team since only 1 of them can use a full charge at once

#4: Not allowing people who connect just to stand and look at a wall when the server is full or close to full

• Like 1

• Administrators

#1: Allow highest ping in the server to be 200-250 ( most EU can get 150-199 ping on US servers )

No. Reason is posted on forums. Use search function.

#2: Kick/Ban players who only play 1 class regardless of how long they've been playing (given I play medic 80% of the time, I still max out everything and mess around with other classes); mostly the 3 map rule for heavy weapons should be more enforced.

No.

#3: Only allowing 1-2 fops per team since only 1 of them can use a full charge at once

No. Reason is posted on forums. Use search function.

#4: Not allowing people who connect just to stand and look at a wall when the server is full or close to full

What you mean by stand and look at wall? Elaborate.

Why get rid of people with higher pings if they want to enjoy our servers? Its not like it affects you unless their having serious ping jumps, say going from 100-500 continuously, if their ping is over 500 just ask them to fix it, under that theirs no point.

What would be the point of that... So if the only times I see you your playing med I should ben you? lol If you ran a server like that it would never have anyone besides you and your omnibots playing in it.

If theirs more then 2 Fodps its their own problem, its not like their will be more arty spam because of it, that's why there's a limit on number of airstrikes/ artillery available at once.

If you see people standing just looking at the wall their probably afk and will be moved to spec by the server, if their not afk maybe their just a noob trying to learn the game?

• Like 1

There are always a few people that connect with 350 ping and every 5 seconds they jump to 600+ because they are so poor they can't go to a mcdonalds and get free wi-fi that has better internet than their house apparently :o

I don't understand how it's fun to play when you have a ping higher than 250, after that everything starts going terribly wrong; it's simply putting people out of their misery to cap it at 250.

There's a difference between say someone who scrims as heavy weapons who is practicing vs someone who joins the game to literally only use the panzer ( no pistol / smg / knife / etc ) then has to cheer himself on after every time he kills someone with it. It's just annoying and frustrating to watch someone do that, day after day after day. Yes if I'm chillin as a medic for 5+ games in a row, just suggest I try something else; I don't care what I do....I'll switch eventually just because I get bored of the same thing unless I'm trying to figure something out.

If there are 4 fops and 2 of them are horrible at the game, it stops anyone who wants to play that class semi-seriously and actually learn it. It's frustrating for players who are regulars and are decent and want to contribute vs some random kid from Ethiopia who just wants to run around pressing 5.

I see people connect with 0.150 K/D and they are actual human beings playing, and they will just stand in the doorway tossing packs for literally an hour + and then disconnect. I have no idea what they are doing and why, but they don't even seem to have the ability to type or read. There are plenty of people who connect and stand jumping into a wall for the entire duration of the map or is back somewhere next to ammo spamming the flamethrower spinning in circles.

I've run servers before, there's just a difference between a server that good people want to come to and a "noob friendly" server where you go to look into a wall. I assumed "beginners" was for that purpose and hardcore / pub recruiting were for people who had a general idea of how to point and click.

There are always a few people that connect with 350 ping and every 5 seconds they jump to 600+ because they are so poor they can't go to a mcdonalds and get free wi-fi that has better internet than their house apparently :o

I don't understand how it's fun to play when you have a ping higher than 250, after that everything starts going terribly wrong; it's simply putting people out of their misery to cap it at 250.

Just because its easy to get good internet most places doesn't mean its available everywhere, you would like to discriminate against people simply because they can't afford as good of a computer or as good of a connection as you feel is appropriate? Unless their ping is over 500 it doesn't affect anyone besides themselves so why does it matter if you don't think its fun? If they do let them play. "putting them out of their misery" when they are having fun playing with a 250+ ping when it doesn't affect you at all seems like a pointless way to reduce server traffic.

There's a difference between say someone who scrims as heavy weapons who is practicing vs someone who joins the game to literally only use the panzer ( no pistol / smg / knife / etc ) then has to cheer himself on after every time he kills someone with it. It's just annoying and frustrating to watch someone do that, day after day after day. Yes if I'm chillin as a medic for 5+ games in a row, just suggest I try something else; I don't care what I do....I'll switch eventually just because I get bored of the same thing unless I'm trying to figure something out.

There's a 2 map limit on panzers, if someone uses it for 2 maps and someone else would like to use it, it is entirely in your rights as an admin to ask them to let someone else have a turn on the panzer. Even then banning for that is overkill. Again its a pointless way to reduce server traffic by asking people not to play the class they enjoy playing. Maybe we should enforce a no talking, no joking and no vsays unless your using them to communicate with your teammates about the game, rule also? This is just a way to remove the fun from the game by making people play classes they don't want to play/they aren't good at for no reason.

If there are 4 fops and 2 of them are horrible at the game, it stops anyone who wants to play that class semi-seriously and actually learn it. It's frustrating for players who are regulars and are decent and want to contribute vs some random kid from Ethiopia who just wants to run around pressing 5.

So ask your team to not have so many fdops. Or let them figure it out someone will switch classes quickly enough.

I see people connect with 0.150 K/D and they are actual human beings playing, and they will just stand in the doorway tossing packs for literally an hour + and then disconnect. I have no idea what they are doing and why, but they don't even seem to have the ability to type or read. There are plenty of people who connect and stand jumping into a wall for the entire duration of the map or is back somewhere next to ammo spamming the flamethrower spinning in circles.

We all sucked once upon a time, let them learn the game.

I've run servers before, there's just a difference between a server that good people want to come to and a "noob friendly" server where you go to look into a wall. I assumed "beginners" was for that purpose and hardcore / pub recruiting were for people who had a general idea of how to point and click.

Generally that happens but it doesn't mean noobs aren't allowed on pub and hardcore, they are people trying to learn the game just like you and me. Don't b*** just cause everyone isn't good :rolleyes: Should we ban people because their noobs? If we did that fa servers would join among the many other et servers that have died.

• Like 1

I have a ping of 330-350, its not hurting anybody, and I can kill pretty much everybody if I get my aim on. So no, your not doing anybody a favour. God, it feels like deja-vu. Another topic on high-pingers causing "skill drop" and sadness...

Just because its easy to get good internet most places doesn't mean its available everywhere, you would like to discriminate against people simply because they can't afford as good of a computer or as good of a connection as you feel is appropriate? Unless their ping is over 500 it doesn't affect anyone besides themselves so why does it matter if you don't think its fun? If they do let them play. "putting them out of their misery" when they are having fun playing with a 250+ ping when it doesn't affect you at all seems like a pointless way to reduce server traffic.

There's a 2 map limit on panzers, if someone uses it for 2 maps and someone else would like to use it, it is entirely in your rights as an admin to ask them to let someone else have a turn on the panzer. Even then banning for that is overkill. Again its a pointless way to reduce server traffic by asking people not to play the class they enjoy playing. Maybe we should enforce a no talking, no joking and no vsays unless your using them to communicate with your teammates about the game, rule also? This is just a way to remove the fun from the game by making people play classes they don't want to play/they aren't good at for no reason.

So ask your team to not have so many fdops. Or let them figure it out someone will switch classes quickly enough.

We all sucked once upon a time, let them learn the game.

Generally that happens but it doesn't mean noobs aren't allowed on pub and hardcore, they are people trying to learn the game just like you and me. Don't b*** just cause everyone isn't good :rolleyes: Should we ban people because their noobs? If we did that fa servers would join among the many other et servers that have died.

Yes, discrimination would be great. :D ET takes such little requirements that most people have to tweak settings and such just to get it to run with a videocard from 4 years ago. My connection is bad, but it's good enough to have 2 people playing at the same time at 105 ms.

Someone told me the rule was 3 maps, I should probably read that......it just makes it worse seeing everyone allow people to play for 6+ maps with it. Why even have rules when none are followed? Should just name it the "Suggestions to be an Acceptable Player Section"

You assume people will listen, most people don't know English, the people who cause the problems don't care what anyone says to switch; the people that do switch on their own.

Yes, everyone started out as a beginner. I honestly only know the commands for vsay yes,no,greatshot,thanks,you're welcome,hello,goodbye,need a medic,need a fdops. I also only have a cfg set up to turn smoke effects off and change my fov to 115, other than that I play completely default. I'm not saying ban people who are bad, but there is a difference between bad and someone who suicides themselves with grenades 6 times in a row running around in spawn. Just kick/ban the people who contribute NOTHING. I might as well spend all the maps trying to trick jump, simply because I find that fun? Killing people is mean, we should just jump around and have fun and talk more.

Yes, discrimination would be great. :D ET takes such little requirements that most people have to tweak settings and such just to get it to run with a videocard from 4 years ago. My connection is bad, but it's good enough to have 2 people playing at the same time at 105 ms.

Someone told me the rule was 3 maps, I should probably read that......it just makes it worse seeing everyone allow people to play for 6+ maps with it. Why even have rules when none are followed? Should just name it the "Suggestions to be an Acceptable Player Section"

You assume people will listen, most people don't know English, the people who cause the problems don't care what anyone says to switch; the people that do switch on their own.

Yes, everyone started out as a beginner. I honestly only know the commands for vsay yes,no,greatshot,thanks,you're welcome,hello,goodbye,need a medic,need a fdops. I also only have a cfg set up to turn smoke effects off and change my fov to 115, other than that I play completely default. I'm not saying ban people who are bad, but there is a difference between bad and someone who suicides themselves with grenades 6 times in a row running around in spawn. Just kick/ban the people who contribute NOTHING. I might as well spend all the maps trying to trick jump, simply because I find that fun? Killing people is mean, we should just jump around and have fun and talk more.

Again your assuming just because your internet is good that it is easy for everyone else to get that. But if we put a 250+ ping limit will we kick our members who have a ping higher then that? or will they stay in the clan and just not allow them on the servers? :o maybe they can troll the forums to contribute to the clan since they can't play on the server! It makes no sense, why stop people from using pings that work just fine just because you think it wouldn't be fun?

3 Maps could be right, I could very well be wrong on that, I thought it was 2 but could be my bad. If they are running around for 6+ maps and someone else wants the heavy weapon that they won't give up they don't have to listen or know english, if they won't give up the weapon !putteam them to spec :)

Finally, yes, if you would rather tj go for it, just don't ruin other peoples playing experience in the process.

• Like 1