Missing textures after first map

Dest!Ny

• Platinum VIP

Hellooooo,

I am having problems on NQ1 lately. When I first connect I can see weapons and medpacks, ammo, etc but after the first map ends or I vid_restart (for example) those textures are not visible for me anymore and neither are hitsounds exceptfor headshots.

I tried deleting my entire modfolder and also the outdated noquarter folder but it didn't help the issue. I also used the pk3 cleaner but also to no avail.

2020-11-19-223747-glider.thumb.jpg.e82dfeef4995abac194cbfb3d6fab771.jpg

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

In a similar thing, when I connect, if I exec my cfg, I get the exact same thing, so I have to do cvar_restart first, THEN exec my cfg to get clear graphics. That started about a year ago and I have never figured out what causes it

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • Like 1

• Platinum VIP

Some more info. I downloaded a completely fresh install and did not put a single cfg in the folder (as demonstrated) after receiving a failed pure server check error I turned on compatibility settings and have start-as-admin as a default (seen in the video). I connect to nq1 without issues but once I do a vid_restart my textures go away (and gunsound among few other sounds)

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
15 hours ago, Dest!Ny said:

Some more info. I downloaded a completely fresh install and did not put a single cfg in the folder (as demonstrated) after receiving a failed pure server check error I turned on compatibility settings and have start-as-admin as a default (seen in the video). I connect to nq1 without issues but once I do a vid_restart my textures go away (and gunsound among few other sounds)

Exactly the same here! the last line of my cfg, of  course, is vid_restart which makes everything "milky" just as in your pic above. cvar_restart before my cfg fixes it, but it's a pain. on my old Logi Keyboard, I just setup G-Key macros that would run both scripts with one key. I can't figure it out on my Corsair Keyboard. (I can set the macros but they don't do anything in game)

Also, I had added the cvar_restart and exec'g my cfg in the ET command line, but it made ET  take much longer to start and sometimes I use other cfg's which means running cvar_restart before changing to a different cfg

Edited by -=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP

3 hours ago, forestcat said:

what gfx card are you both using ? (driver issue?)

have you tried running native screen res to suit your monitor? 

intel graphics 620

3 hours ago, forestcat said:

Click and drag to move

intel graphics 620. I tried both stock drivers and latest drivers. I am also running on native res. 

• Administrators

@Dest!Ny - Can you create new profile and try out? I want separate either client or server side issue. If it works with new profile i.e. client and we try to fix the config. 

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, daredevil said:

@Dest!Ny - Can you create new profile and try out? I want separate either client or server side issue. If it works with new profile i.e. client and we try to fix the config. 

I used a clean install and opened the game on stock settings, stock config and the same happened. But I still think it is somehow client related. In the video when I do vid_restart you see that the textures are all messy in the loading screen. This happens on every server. But the missing textures are only on nq. So if the weird loading screen is related to the missing textures it cannot be serversided really, it has to be clientsided

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP
15 hours ago, forestcat said:

iNvidia 1080

8 hours ago, Dest!Ny said:

I used a clean install and opened the game on stock settings, stock config and the same happened. But I still think it is somehow client related. In the video when I do vid_restart you see that the textures are all messy in the loading screen. This happens on every server. But the missing textures are only on nq. So if the weird loading screen is related to the missing textures it cannot be serversided really, it has to be clientsided

Same here. Clean install, stripped everything that has to do with ET from the Registry and reinstalled plus I think it started for me on my last computer (Which was an old AMD Chipset)

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen this before when creating a new map, if the textures aren't there you get the yellow/brown default and entities are displayed as a xyz coordinates lines 

why this is happening to you on a fresh install is a headscratcher tho

as its only NQ i suspect there's a bug/glitch in the NQ folder (or some old custom skin pack lurking somewhere or something like, even though fresh install should eliminate that)

workaround ideas

try a diff NQ server (sacrilege i know )

try a skinpack 

on vid restart do a consoledump to see if any errors are referenced

does it happen if you host/run a local NQ server ?