ipv6

captnconcrete

u shoulda heard the dead silence when i told her i was in my command prompt . lol an then i told her im not resetting  my modem  for the 10 billionth time. i explained to her i know u guys turned something off. she says please hold comes back 10 mins later .lol  i spoke to some one and they said we cant do that . wtf ever bs ok bye.lolone of my bestfriends in real life is a it teech ima get him to mess with it. ive been thinking on a upgrade to w10  .. but with all the bs  in these forums on probs with et .. kinda scared me away. i have it on 3 laptops in my house never liked that is just like my phone.

i guess i could try hook one of them up too my modem direct  but  everything in my house is dead on ipv6 an after my wife called em an they did something now  her printer wont work either. lol i was fishing around  in my wifes lappy settings and she has way more options for ipv6 then me. thanks snuff for your help .. very much appreciated !!!!

Edited by captnconcrete

• Platinum VIP
On 2/26/2021 at 6:55 AM, captnconcrete said:

u shoulda heard the dead silence when i told her i was in my command prompt . lol an then i told her im not resetting  my modem  for the 10 billionth time. i explained to her i know u guys turned something off. she says please hold comes back 10 mins later .lol  i spoke to some one and they said we cant do that . wtf ever bs ok bye.lolone of my bestfriends in real life is a it teech ima get him to mess with it. ive been thinking on a upgrade to w10  .. but with all the bs  in these forums on probs with et .. kinda scared me away. i have it on 3 laptops in my house never liked that is just like my phone.

i guess i could try hook one of them up too my modem direct  but  everything in my house is dead on ipv6 an after my wife called em an they did something now  her printer wont work either. lol i was fishing around  in my wifes lappy settings and she has way more options for ipv6 then me. thanks snuff for your help .. very much appreciated !!!!

Dude, I have had no issues with Win 10 (had since Day 1 release) and ET and I'm in the insider program so IO get all the beta upgrades. I think those problems are long gone now, anyway, since i haven't seen anyone post about them in awhile

• 100 1

Your more than welcome for any help. Ideally i'd of liked info direct from your router regarding any IPv6 etc but from the info you did share from cmd prompt and so on plus given its all devices in your house without IPv6 then your ISP is more than likely the cause (again),,, chances are IPv6 services will appear and vanish a good few times yet before its fully tested and working. My own ISP provides IPv6 IP but atm they dont have IPv6 DNS so mine falls back to IPv4 unless i input googles own IPv6 DNS servers.

No point ringing these ISP's as a good 90% of the people you actually get through to, certainly to start off with, have no idea what IP stands for let alone what IPv6 is or how to fix it, so i'm not surprised at the lack of help from your ISP.

Troubleshooting scripts is their usual game and once you leave that troubleshooting script they are fooked tbh.

It took me a good 3 months and an untold amount of calls back and forth with my own ISP before i finally got my speed issues sorted. My ISP kept telling me my service was normal and well within their "guaranteed speeds" before they finally sent a competent engineer who not only understood what i was saying but also had the ability to fix my issue, which he did.

I have the exact same problem now where DLM has capped my line (due to lots of router reboots) and i need the cap removing and the DLM resetting......... but i cant be arsed spending another 3 months of my life speaking to an idiot call center employee reading from a trouble shoot script only to be told 1 "nothing is wrong" or 2 "i need a engineer" visit. 

Anyways i'm babbling.

Just reiterating what Hip says though, i too have Win 10 and have had no issues with ET, so always worth the upgrade IMHO.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

heres a funny one got on yesterday and it was back on working fine .lol wtff. 

ISP mate, told you, nothing you can do.