Map suggestions for Jaymod server

righteous kill

i just wanted to say a few things about some maps in the rotation and some maps to consider.

although i hate to say it, oasis is not meant for a 45+ player game. even when the teams are evenly matched, it becomes a battle for allies to get out of the 2 level building near the axis spawn. its just a rifle nade, mobile-mg fest where allies are afraid to advance through the doorways and axis sit around and wait. i think oasis should be replaced with a map where the players aren't so conjested in little tunnels and doorways.

a good replacement for oasis would be v2 base. its a wide open map with enough room to handle the large number of players.

also, the other goldrush, goldrush-ga or whatever it was called, was better than the original goldrush. it gives allies more of an opportunity to win the map because there are more ways to access the bank and more angles for allies to get to axis. the original goldrush heavily favors axis and gives them a clear advantage and makes it very hard for allies.

anyway, tell me what you think. i was just wanting to bring up some suggestions on how to make such a large server more playable by avoiding to much conjesting in certain areas of maps and how to even up goldrush.

remove the minas map and i would be more happier.

but the v2 base is too easy, i havent played it in a while but all it requires is the allies to get a dyna placed, a flame nub at the door, a mg nub outside the long passage way to the door and or a person with a few molos and the axis are all slaughtered when they open the door. if anything this map favours the allies more then the axis. i preferr the other mlb map really, its definatly got a lot of space to run around and you get advanced warning when dynas are placed, plenty of places to camp and be a nub for all your skills are worth or stop the allies getting the explosives to the launch bay outer door.

• Administrators

v2 base - massive spawn kill since it has only one way out for both allies and axis...

@minas at Jaymod 2 People voted it back in rotation. I am thinking for hotchkiss to replace minas if everyone doesn't mind...

@don't we have goldrush GALS on F|A 1?

http://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serve ... on=mappool

Its just in !maps command it shows goldrush but i guess we are running Goldrush GALS.

last time i was on it was just regular goldrush

anyway, oasis stinks for so many players. its always such an advantage for axis because an mg guards the tunnel and an mg or 5 rifle naders guard the two story building. its just a cluster-f*@k in the tunnels and at that building. with the spawn times being so quick, theres really no way to prevent it.

thats why it should be replaced with a map that suits the 45+ players

I love Oasis. Righteous you are speaking blasphemy :o Well I understand where you are coming from I usually play on allies, and have been on horrible death spree's through those tunnels against a good camped axis side. What I find works best is a real good mortar, or if he isn't any good add him or her to your fireteam, and tell them where they should try and hit the mortar on the map. Always mortar the area to the west of axis spawn outside of the tunnel. This always allows players enough time to defend and take control and possibly distract. Basically without any mortar support on oasis allies are usually doomed.

There should be two mortars, one hitting outside of the east tunnel axis area, and one hitting outside the west tunnel area. But there usually isn't, its rare to see two mortars actually working together on that map.

I love Oasis, hell I spend the most time on Oasis than any other map on ET. I love that map, don't talk that blasphemy. :hi Longtime I haven't seen you :P

i think adding purefrag would be a good idea =] could you imagine 50 players in purefrag with unlimited heavy weapons? that would be fun!

:lol

nice map, tiny http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefr ... taly;94167

94167_2.jpg

94167_3.jpg

94167_7.jpg

i think is good for etpub or hardcore