i think im retarded....

Zygmuray

hey.... so i found my old headset and it was broken.... so i went up to future shop and pick up a new headset a logitech...

for the life of me i cant get the mic to work..... i can hear it echo in the headset like its working, but when i try it on vent knowone can hear me.

it doesnt even saying im talking at all..

iv check to see if it muted and put the volume up to max and still nothing.

any help would be perfect!

thanks in advance!

well there's your problem. your using a computer running Microsoft software... get a mac!

hahaha jk.

when my desktop ran vista, I always had problems with headsets... could never figure out how to fix it. So unless some1 else figures it out, get windows 7 or go back to xp...?

you can also check google for fixes.

well there's your problem. your using a computer running Microsoft software... get a mac!

hahaha jk.

when my desktop ran vista, I always had problems with headsets... could never figure out how to fix it. So unless some1 else figures it out, get windows 7 or go back to xp...?

you can also check google for fixes.

i know i hate it..... i googled for like 2 hours and tried everything there.... i just dont get it.

For many ppl that use Vista, the Mic Function dont work. Whatever they tried, it never worked. But for some it will.

First take a look at your Soundcard and if there is a update for it. make sure the update is for Vista.

then try this:

Start--> controll panel--> Sound (classic) --> Record --> activate Mic

make sure, the mic is the standart device.

another idea. idk how old you are. but if your in college, you might be able to get windows 7 through them.

I got a free windows 7 64-bit Professional from my college.

For many ppl that use Vista, the Mic Function dont work. Whatever they tried, it never worked. But for some it will.

First take a look at your Soundcard and if there is a update for it. make sure the update is for Vista.

then try this:

Start--> controll panel--> Sound (classic) --> Record --> activate Mic

make sure, the mic is the standart device.

it looks like it is....... and i tried the set up wizard and it said it was working fine.... i tried to record myself and yelled into the mic but when i played back it was just silence

it looks like it is....... and i tried the set up wizard and it said it was working fine.... i tried to record myself and yelled into the mic but when i played back it was just silence

HOLY f*** IM DUMB AHAHAHAHAHAHAAH I HAVENT USED VENT IN A LONG TIME........ I WAS FORGETING TO HOLD THE STUPID TALK KEY!

thanks for all your help anyways bud.....