Starting hurricane season 2020

LazyHippo

Just had this tropical storm today and it wasnt nice at all, it seems its heading for central USA, take your precautions if you are in the landfall area.

Cristobal_3pm.jpg.a7c8fc18b78fd777aab411b1d7126c53.jpg

Edited by LazyHippo
  • Thanks 1

Wishing you guys around there (Mexico, Southern USA) all the best. The Netherlands is quite boring (hapily) weather wise.. Stay Safe!

• Like 3

• Leader
On 6/5/2020 at 6:55 PM, LazyHippo said:

Just had this tropical storm today and it wasnt nice at all, i

I saw that on a National USA weather report, after it had already crossed the peninsula, so I had no time to warn you! :o 

It makes an emotional difference when you know somebody who lives in the area of a storm, a fire, or an earthquake.   I was glad to see Mr. Hippo post here afterwards, as proof of his survival. 🏁

On 6/6/2020 at 5:43 PM, Cracker said:

The Netherlands is quite boring (hapily) weather wise..

Really?  Then why do you have all of those dikes, dams and elaborate storm systems?  I guess that your Major Weather Events are not as common as in the Caribbean region, but when 'they' do come... :D  Wait a minute, do I remember seeing a video of people in your country being blown down the streets by some strong winds?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RedBaird said:

`Well, thats true! We've had some major storms in the past. Due to these adaptations we won't get hurt anymore. Still, even compared to other countries in Europe, nothing to special in our little country (thats a good thing, even nature is amazing when mad, exept the damage ofc.).

• 1 month later...

Seems it was north eastern US coast the chosen one to hit by TS named Fay.

Right now is heading to Canada while it left some dangerous consequences.

Fay_TS.thumb.jpg.ff75034dd375ca5678379141843ee946.jpg

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tropical Storm Hanna has gained strength in the Gulf of Mexico and will make landfall soon at southern Texas.

Hanna_TS.thumb.jpg.2d3a4e3c389ab520f6aebaf226432f59.jpg

5day_cone_no_line_and_wind_Hanna.png.d978877d28a99833d46ed65971c3e03b.png

• Like 1

Lately Isaias has caught the attention of almost all of the northern Caribbean and will make landfall soon like a Tropical Storm in Florida, USA. The dry air and some land interaction that was on the path of the system denied the possibility to sustain hurricane status but it will still bring dangerous conditions upon the arrival to the continent and spreading his force all along the coast.

Isaias_TS_1.thumb.jpg.9a6a6a794a2c11785ac2ba94e27ec9ad.jpg

5day_cone_no_line_and_wind_isaias.png.a0f6aadecbf83a42541b557d5640f3a9.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Lately the Atlantic brewed 2 systems that are already a threat, Marco as a tropical storm just passed through the Yucatan Channel this evening (thats near me and hopefully we had just rain) and Laura almost as hurricane, strenghting and slamming the northern Leeward Islands, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Haiti and soon Cuba and USA, actually both systems are forecast to make landfall with 1 day of difference.

Marco_y_Laura_TS.thumb.jpg.0993d8d0ddc680d6c70396ab14a9ec99.jpg

_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind_Laura.png.cd794dd369af61cd61f086ec0d94eef8.png

_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind_Marco.png.5519fc08622e854bd2724da43a14fd07.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hurricane Sally forms in the northeastern Gulf of Mexico coast. Problem with this hurricane is that is moving at a very slow speed so will make historic life-threatening flooding likely for this day or two in the landfall area, good thing is going to weaken a lot because of dry western air.

Sally_H1.thumb.jpg.88e563f0b94db7f3dcb8eccfb2b57503.jpg

5day_cone_no_line_and_wind_sally.png.d78d4a8e969bb03b43004f2b4414e66c.png

• Thanks 1