Songs for you with sad or beautiful memories

alala

• 4 weeks later...

just about anything old school from either of these  brings back all the memories of working on sprint cars and just hanging with my best friend my dad . pops. rip the best man ever!

he had great taste in tunes. what a great topic props too u for this one .!!!!!!

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 2
  • 100 2

• 1 month later...

first two .... first one  for my wife i sing it too her.!!!! she is my world .

2 my favorite song from brett .. always sing along. 

3 this song gets me thru alot of tough times... i just picked this version cuz this kid is amazing.

I had a terrible car accident around 2002-2004 . That was the song playing at that moment , somewhere near the 2nd verse.  It still hurt when i ear it lol

• Like 3
  • 100 1

I'm listening to Slayer "Angel of Death" right now. Remembering seeing them live at the Delmar Skate Palace in November 1986 in St. Louis Missouri. I got the tickets at high school from a friend. It was my first concert. I had to stand outside in the line waiting to get inside in the Arctic cold. Then it was steamy hot inside with hundreds of people jammed into the skating rink. A band I had never heard of named "Overkill" opened for Slayer. I saw a lot of extremely disturbed people, in every conceivable state of drug and alcohol abuse, and some people who were clearly absolutely insane.

The staff had no idea how to cope with hundreds of wasted metal fans. They were trying to throw out people who were mosh pit fighting and the staff were getting assaulted by the people in the pit. I had never seen a mosh pit in real life. It was like a dance party but everyone was punching and fighting instead of dancing. I just remember watching the Skate Palace staff trying to grab one or two guys on the periphery and getting attacked by the others until they gave up and then the guy they were grabbing disappearing into the center of the crowd. This was during the crack epidemic in St Louis in the late 1980s. I pretty much lost my mind for the duration of the concert, it was like being in a different universe. I was listening to these Slayer songs being played by Slayer, at the volume of a jet fighter, with 100s of other people like me. I had only previously played them on my crappy cassette tape recording I had of the Reign In Blood album, with Hell Awaits on the other side of the tape. 

That was 34 years ago. I still have three Slayer songs on my phone: Angel of Death, Piece by Piece, and Postmortem. So when I hear one of them, I think of my life back then.

Edited by obituary
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

• 1 month later...

Anything Linkin Park will immediately have me reminded of my brother's final few weeks before he passed away, 02-01-2016 (For the americans among us, I mean the second of January :p)

Anything Arctic Monkeys related, I'll always ask my friends to skip them because I'll be thinking of one of my exes :D

But here's a beautiful memory. I first heard this as a live song during Sziget festival 2019. I had and still have a fight with my dad, but I can't help that these lyrics always have me think of my dad. Considering the cards he had been dealt, he did an awesome job making the best of me and my brothers.

• 6 months later...

This song has good memories and bad for me it was my late grandparents funeral song but at the same time there favourite song to listen too reminds me of when i used to live with my grandparents all them years ago.

Rest in peace ❤️

• Like 1