lOST lEVELS

TRU BLOOD

Ok dumped the cache. All good. But the \exec name.cfg don't work on Silent.  Makes difficult to change colors. Is there a different command for silent to execute a name file.

Edited by TRU BLOOD

• Leader

Is that name.cfg in your etmain folder?  If so, then it should work in all the mods.  If it is in the Jaymod folder, then it will only work on Jay-servers. 

If you open the console and do /exec name.cfg, then it should work.  I use that method for my various renames, like namexmas, namepink, nameengie, nameFa, etc, All of my "name".cfg files are in my ETmain.

If you have /exec name.cfg in a config file or a bind, then it won't work.  Files do not need the / first, like the console does.  Your etconfig.cfg files doe not have slashes, either.

ADDED:  I will have to try "exec nameFA" in mainchat to see how that works.  I have never tried to do that before....

Edited by RedBaird

1320408383_ETPIX.thumb.jpg.2c47dd7e20574a8643f5fe04b106a83f.jpgOk I tried forward slash /exec name.cfg It says it cannot execute. The folder is in my et main folder also.   So now I back to square one after doing this /exec name.cfg . I reset the cache and still the error shows \ error and does not see my name. I guess it is seeing \ as a name field and its not accepted. Cannot connect to HC at all.

But now I cant get rid of it. This is an Obivious Silent Mod issue because I can connect to all the other F|A servers with no problem, however im staying with a white name ...lol for now.

Edited by TRU BLOOD

• Leader
6 hours ago, TRU BLOOD said:

The folder is in my et main folder also.

Do you mean the "name.cfg" file?  That won't work if the name.cfg is in a sub-folder of etmain. All of the mods' folders should be in the same "Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory" that etmain is in. (FA mods = Jaymod, Silent, NQ/NoQuarter, Nitmod)

If you have a ^-codes-colored-name in your name.cfg, then you should be able to copy that (without any / or commands and paste it into the name-field on the Silent-mod ET-options menu.  Or just open the console, type /name and paste the ^-codes-colored-name in and press enter.  That should at least set it for Silent-mod servers.

1001940353_RAL-etmainFolder191223.JPG.dee8ab1739738ffbe09a1da2d49a3f62.JPG

When all is working, then you can try /seta name ^-codes-colored-name in the console.  That /seta should set your etmain/profiles/name/efconfig.cfg to have that name.