Stuck on "Awaiting Gamestate"

Milkis

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Kai said:

Why is antivirus preventing from connecting to jay1 in particular ??

Anti virus has firewall - It shouldn't block jay1 in particular but all ET servers if it blocks. Most of the time people do 20 things together and suddenly something works and they post xx worked while in reality xx was never an issue. :)

@Milkis OP Try this - 

Open command line with admin privileges - 

Then type below and press Enter - 

ipconfig /flushdns

If that doesn't resolve - Reboot PC/Router once and give it a try. 

5 hours ago, Milkis said:

I've already tried uninstalling the game and deleting all files and reinstalling the game using FA etdownload.

Not at all required for 'Awaiting gamestate'. Just for future reference. 

• Like 1

• Leader

Hi again,

sorry to see you still have issues

Can you post new pics again of your ET folder and jaymod folder. I wanna check something and compare with mine

• Leader

Here's 2 link where you can download files from my private webserver. You have jaymod files and ETmain files (I removed etkey and cfg). Those are a copy of my files and no worries I have a super clean install (FA files only).

First download from the link bolow the jaymod and ETmain files. Open the zip folders and drop those files in the same name folder (jaymod in jaymod and etmain in etmain). Overwrite all duplicate files. Then try to connect 🤞

-----> REMOVED

-----> REMOVED

Note** etmain might take a few minutes since there's allot of maps in there

Edited by rambozo37
removed links since unnescessary and doing maintenance on my cPanel files

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Milkis said:

@daredevil no results. It's odd because I can connect to every other server just fine just not jay 1. I'll probably just have to wait for a server restart and try again. 

Sorry just saw this. I thought your issue was resolved. I will reboot server tonight. I am not sure why server would cause issue but i have seen that happening before as well with someone. 

Can you try to connect on \connect jay1.clan-fa.com:27961 

Note - port change 27961 and not 27960 - Both ports go to one server. 

@Milkis Also please update your discord ID in the profile and GUID so i can debug the logs. 

• Leader

@daredevil

correct me if I am wrong, he seems to have missing files from jay1. That makes me think he cant download files from jay1 and just stay stuck at awaiting gamestate before the download starts

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, rambozo37 said:

@daredevil

correct me if I am wrong, he seems to have missing files from jay1. That makes me think he cant download files from jay1 and just stay stuck at awaiting gamestate before the download starts

Nop he has all the files. Awaiting game state happens because somehow server thinks he is already on server and he is still connecting. Either due to crashed ET.exe hanged in background, firewall or getstatus DDoS protection i.e. he might be sending more getstatus packets somehow and server think's it's DDoS. 

@Milkis  Have u tried rebooting u PC? Reboot your PC - don't start tracker like HLSW, etc. Also I see u have PB folder. Please rename pb folder to pb_old - and then try again. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• Leader
1 hour ago, Milkis said:

did you happen to reboot the server?

... AND Milkis is on the server right now with 44 XP, ping  92 and a good looking lagometer.  :D

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Milkis said:

@daredevil IM IN! i used the different port in the ip did you happen to reboot the server? i just tried 27960 port and it worked as well also tested the jay1 button join also worked. 

Nop i didn't reboot bud yet. I also checked with host - no IP ban for you due to getstatus DDoS. 

What resolved or what you did? PC reboot or modem reboot? Btw we don't use PB so feel free to disable PB services and you can have extra FPS from it. We use our own AC. 

i'm not entirely sure what made it work again. but I did rename the pb folder to pb_old. and then tried connecting. and it randomly worked. I will test if it was the pb folder that was causing the issues. I will report back later tonight when I get home from work. 

Thank you all kind souls for assisting me on this. Ya'll are greatly appreciated!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

@daredevil previously I reinstalled the game and rebooted pc and modem/router together and retried but still had the same issues. You think its safe to del the pb folder altogether if i dont need it? but this will affect me from joining other servers right? 

• Like 1

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Milkis said:

@daredevil previously I reinstalled the game and rebooted pc and modem/router together and retried but still had the same issues. You think its safe to del the pb folder altogether if i dont need it? but this will affect me from joining other servers right? 

90% of the servers don't use PB because it's not supported by Even-balance anymore. To be safe, just rename the PB folder to pb_old and disable the PB services. 

We used to be top ranking servers in busting cheaters when PB was alive but then now our AC does the job much better. Good old days. 

image.png

• Like 2