pk3 files

Sabby123

5 hours ago, RedBaird said:

I am putting some log results here  for future searchers with the same problem(s).

Exception Code: 0xc0000005 

Event ID: 1000

Task Category: (100)

I will have to search through that same log to find what I had when ET last crashed on me.  It happens occasionally, but is never continuous.

If you were on a Silent-mod server, then you can look in your Silent folder for a "silent_crash.log", which may give some info.  I have some with info and some have no info.  (BTW, I add the date to the filename, in the format of #191031 so that it is saved and not overwritten.)

One that I just found also has the same exception fault. (ALL that I found with content had that same error!)

Version: 0.8.2 Win32
ET Version: ET 2.60b
Map: school
Exception: Access violation (0xc0000005)
Exception Address: 0x4205b0cd
DLL Information:
0x00400000    ET
0x771f0000    ntdll
0x74d70000    kernel32
0x76be0000    KERNELBASE

and on with many other modules that were in use at the time.

I am not sure how much it would be to you or your helpers here, but the Silent moderators want the crash-logs sent to them, so they must have some value.

what my silent crash log says

silent_crash.log

@daredevilare you around tomoz

• Sad 1

• Leader
14 minutes ago, Sabby123 said:

what my silent crash log says

That just has the 'header text' in it and no useful info. :(

-8<------- Crash Information ------->8-

Yeah its possibly as Double dragon says and you might need to take ownership of the folder. I posted a little program that can do all that for you if needs be but i think windows moved on from logging user names etc in the event logs, personally i'd say N/A is Not Applicable rather than Not Admin. Either way i will find the thread link, just in case.

Here , this will give you any permissions needed. 

The exception error you have in your log has quite a broad range of possible causes from an anti virus blocking a .exe to corrupt system registry files etc. Hopefully Dare is able to fix the issue for you via teamviewer.

If daredevil is unable to fix the issue for you i'll try and talk you through a few possible solutions to check for corrupt system files and what not.

ET is a stand alone program so it doesn't have to actually be installed to work so to speak. You could always copy your ET folder to somewhere safe for instance then uninstall ET then run ET.exe direct from the copied folder........will see if Daredevil can work his magic first before going through too much as it can get quite complicated having lots of possible solutions from lots of different people.

Fingers crossed Daredevil can get you up and running. GL

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 3