guid key currupt

hadyn

hi i have been playing the beginners server on et and ammassed an xp of about 45000    now the serber wont load anymore because it says my guid /et key is currupt

i can still get on other servers but this is the one where i had all my xp

any help for a noob appreciated

• Leader
1 hour ago, hadyn said:

not sure if i have but wouldnt know where to find it

You should have an "etkey" file in your wolfenstein/etmain folder.  Copy it to a flash-drive or something, as a first step. It has no extension.  

I can see the GUID generated from your etkey on Beginners#1 from 2 days ago.  Your record on Silent#1 shows no W:Et (pb GUID).

Can you connect to the other FA jaymods, Jay #1 and Jay#2 (=F|A= RECRUITING and =F|A= #2 XPSAVE ) ? 

The Jaymod servers save your XP based on your PB_GUID (aka W:ET), while the Silent servers use a different guid (S:et).

If you cannot connect to Beginners#1( aka Jay#3), but can connect to the others jays, then that is a 'clue'. 

• Leader
17 hours ago, hadyn said:

28 digit etkey in etmain 

Okay, that is the "modern-type etkey", which we had to start using after PunkBuster stopped  downloading one to us  Those old PB_ETKEY files also had some binary data in them, which is why I wanted you to look at it.  I just sent you a PM and you can copy the digits from the etkey and paste them into a a reply to me.   (Do Not post them in public or someone can cause problems! )

I experimented by removing one of the digits in my 28-digit etkey and was able to join Beginners#1 with it. The server did tell me to take my clan-tag off, which means that it does require 28-digits.  That definitely is not the same as your problem.

Be sure to save your etkey (and the silent.dat file from the silent folder) somewhere off of your computer, just in case.

The next step is to try to connect to the other FA Jaymod servers and see what happens.  Our NoQuarter servers also use the GUID produced from our etkey files to save our xp and other data. You could try to join them too.  

Get a picture of the error display.  The easiest way might be to take a mobile-pic of it and upload that.  I suspect that 'normal' methods of getting an ScreenShot won't work in this case.   

for you ToDo next: 

1) reply to the PM that I just sent to you and reply with a copy of your etkey (not in public :o )

2) try to join the other FA Jaymods and perhaps the NoQuarters, to see if they give the same error as Begin#1

3) get a pic of the error statement and post it here (I can try looking at the source-code to see what conditions produce that).

BTW, what operating system do you use?

:D and :( 

I can see that you were on Jay#1 Recruiting last Saturday the 26th.  Try connecting there again and see what happens.

Edited by RedBaird
Jay#1 visit 26th
  • Like 1

• Leader

Hadyn replied to my PM saying that the exact error statement was, "game code (cgame_mp_x86.dll) failed pure server check ".

I did a search for that phrase and passed on sent two possible fixes,

1.  Run ET as administrator

2.  Run the FA PK3-autocleaner. 

(removes certain 'junk' files that may interfere with normal operations)

One bit of advice would not work unless Hadyn leaves his computer on all the time:  restart ET and/or restart the computer.

Edited by RedBaird
passed to H, not 'passed on' as in reject :D

yes that error failed pure server check is 99% of the time 

the persons not running game as admin glad it's straightened out :)

• Like 1

• Leader
On 10/27/2019 at 4:32 PM, Gladiator said:

you dont have any backup of it?

@hadyn did you make a backup copy of your etkey file somewhere off of your computer?  

Some people "email it to themselves" and leave it on the email server. :D