LOTR online

Duckie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I added you yesterday, you a decent way higher than me in levels though. I'm still running around in the shire doing pie and postman quests.

Im farting around in Michel Delvin cleaning up my low levelled quests.. so maybe we'll see about crossin paths since we'll be in the same areas.. and with deed quests and fellowships, one can clear alot of reputation for Turbine pts.

Hmm it is the same as with Dungeons and Dragons online , to get access to all stuff you need to pay . . im prolly gettin bored with it same as with D&D online . too bad , would have tested it otherwise .

Know what.. Its not like DDO. SO much to do even for F2P's side-quests, skills to work on. You can even buy your own houses and horses to travel with.. F2P's get quite a bit of the experience.

Every game gets boring sometime, thing is there's still lots to do, it's just that the starting attractions and dazzle from it being new aren't there in time.

No you never have to pay, anything you have to pay for you can unlock with the free points (forget what there called) that you get from doing deeds and stuffs, and really anything your unlocking isn't crucial to being good, to be good in end game all you need is good micro skills cause your character gets all the same moves and skill increases every level with f2p as he would if you were paying.

This shit is taking a ridiculous amount of time to d/l and install...

The download speeds are decided by your current network activity. If you're doing something already online, then it uses a lower setting so as to still be downloading without affecting your bandwidth too much.. If you ONLY have it downloading and nothing else.. you can get easily over 1-2 mgs a second.. as I did.

And I downloaded the High resolution one and I got it in less than 2 hours at roughly 1.3 Megabites/sec average.

But once its downloaded.. thats it.. No more downloading except for the patches they apply afterwards that you'd get normally.

Sickone: Yah, you know I was on DDO more than any of us before.. and I must admit, LotRo here.. DEFINATELY has MUCH more to offer.. so many ways to get Turbine points to use for many options and unlockables.

Im not even a Tolkein Fan.. never read any of the books and ONLY saw the movies for my information.. but im getting rather absorbed with LotRo.

My suggestion of server is CrickHollow.. of all the ones ive tested in the past 2 weeks or so, only Crickhollow seems to have the most amount of friendly people and the least amount of lag/glitch issues.Its 'off the beaten path' server-wise.. so to speak so its not congested with traffic and boneheaded spams.