Windows My (not so) New Build (updated)

FireWienie

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz (upgrading in a month or so)

MOBO: Asus - PRIME B350 - Plus (upgrading in a month or so)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8 GB (4 x 2) + 8 GB DDR4 - 3000 (16 GB total)

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200 RPM

SSD: some 240 gb ssd

Video Card: EVGA - Geforce 1060 6gb SC (upgrading in a month or so)

Case: NZXT S340 Elite 

Power Supply: EVGA - 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

"Wait but wienie, you already posted about this!"

Yeah I did, but at that time my setup was basic af and TRASH, so I've updated it to look more purple! I also added more RAM and an SSD but i forgot the name of it :^). So now this set up has become a bad b*** (like me) so here's some pics!

ZOM11MK.jpg

0OWfPrW.jpg

And before I get clowned for the wiring and dusty glass case, the wiring doesnt get any better and I literally JUST cleaned the panel yesterday but gaming in the basement has too many disadvantages :(. Also the additional cables from the headset and behind the monitors require work and guess who's too lazy to fix it up...

I even made the PS4 Pro controller to have its own custom purple light :)

Anyways, I know it could look much better after I clean some stuff up, but for now I'm leaving it this way because I'll be purchasing a new monitor, will be drilling holes into the table for the wiring, and overall will be upgrading some parts once I finish exams. Also the LED strips are beginning to lose their colour accuracy so guess who has to replace them...

(also the noodles are part of the setup, probably one of my best purchases)

I'll be sure to create another thread to annoy the mods once I upgrade my computer and replace the RGB strips. Love y'all, and thanks for warm welcome after I came back <3.

link to my old thread: 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• 3 months later...

I know you have said your going to upgrade CPU in a month or so but i'd advise you wait till the 3rd gen Ryzen CPU's are out, wont be long now.

I'd also advise you check your Mobo manufacturer for a BIOS update as you might not need to buy a new one, i knwo the 350 chipset is older than the 4 series etc but BIOS updates usually add new CPU compatibility..... so certainly no point buying a new Mobo if that is the case.

System looks good though. :)

P.S, just noticed you have 2 x 4GB memory sticks and a single 8, memory works better in pairs if its dual channel (like yours for instance) so i'd also advise you buy another 8 GB stick and make sure they are in paired slots...some times its slots 1 and 3 and 2 and 4 but most Mobos tend to have different coloured slots so just make sure your 4 and 8's are in same slot colours as the other 4 and 8 etc...if that makes sense.

Edited by Snuffs99

• 4 weeks later...