Pk3 error

Sniper1900

Hey guys. I upgraded to 2.76 (thinking I was Doing the right thing) now I can't get on to most =F|A= servers. I get an "invalid character" error. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks, I just noticed that on the forum, now trying to figure out how to roll back.  I deleted my previous installs, (unfortunately lost my etkey as well), so I guess I need to start from the beginning again. I quit playing this game 12 years ago because of problems like this, at least this forum is here to help.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Just download 2.75 patch and install it: https://www.etlegacy.com/download/release/275

When starting the game open console and check right bottom corner of the console - there you'll see what version you have currently.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DFighter said:

here you can download the game: 

run the game as administrator if you have issues after let us know

Yeah at this current point in the ETLegacy project I can only recommend the same as DF above, stick to the official ET Client and enjoy our servers! :)

• Like 2

ET Legacy is full with bugs and lately also there own mallware I also recommend to install the regular ET version that i added in the link above with this version you won't have much problems just make sure that the game runs as administrator
once installed /connect jay3.clan-fa.com or come to jay1 there are often admins there that can help you fixing issues if needed

In case you still want to play with ETL even i wouldnt recommend it you can still install the normal version and copy the files needed into the ETL version but again ETL is the cause of your issues so i would simply download the regular version

• Like 1
  • 100 1

So don't use ETLegacy? Is that possibly why I also never had the 'voice' commands on some of the servers? Someone was trying to help me get it working, but I didn't have the voice menu option.

I'll uninstall Legacy and try the original version again.

Thanks.

• Like 3

On a side topic. I made a donation in early January via Paypal , but it doesn't show in my profile. Can someone add it to my profile? A small donation, but I don't want admins thinking I'm leeching off them. 

Thanks for the help.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Sniper1900 said:

On a side topic. I made a donation in early January via Paypal , but it doesn't show in my profile. Can someone add it to my profile? A small donation, but I don't want admins thinking I'm leeching off them. 

Thanks for the help.

We never think anyone is leeching any one of us. Either you donate or not donate. We are always here to help. We like to help because we like seeing players playing happily. 

ETL also deletes the users file without their permission like a trojan/virus. 

Can you please PM me your paypal ID so i can pull the transaction and add to your profile. On an avg 99% it happens auto. Only sometimes due to some issues, I need to do it manually. 

Thanks for helping!

• Like 1

I uninstalled the ETL:, installed the original client, now only the splash wallpaper opens with the et theme song...no menus....I can't shut it down, to get out of the menu I have to sign out of Win10.

Any suggestions?

8 minutes ago, Sniper1900 said:

I uninstalled the ETL:, installed the original client, now only the splash wallpaper opens with the et theme song...no menus....I can't shut it down, to get out of the menu I have to sign out of Win10.

Any suggestions?

run the game as administrator right mouse button on the ET icon and run as admin if it wont work can you do this next time if you can the error /condump nameyouchoose  in console it will make a text file from your console then we can see what kind of error you have or a printscreen from it is fine too

running as admin,  xp  compatibility mode, I don't have the console, or any menus, only the ET wallpaper and theme music, shows the arrow, looks like it's running 640x480 resolution.

I think I have the original version working now. I uninstalled, deleted the folder, restarted PC, reinstalled 2.60b custom. I tried the beginner servers, and can connect.

Hopefully this is the end of this, and I can get back to the game to give you guys a live target.

• Like 7