Americans are NOT stupid

LU47

found this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

my personal opinion...

i dont think american people are stupid... i think those ones who answered are stupids and u cant say just because of this jerks " american are stupid"...

what do you think about it?

found this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

my personal opinion...

i dont think american people are stupid... i think those ones who answered are stupids and u cant say just because of this jerks " american are stupid"...

what do you think about it?

Lol, this is an Australian TV show. I approve.

Personally I think there's alot of stupid Americans there, why else would 9999999999999999% of America be in jail? Country of freedom? My ass :]

I just looked it up again, but couldn't find it from 2010

USA 2008- Of every 100.000 people are 751 people in prison

Holland 2005- Of every 100.000 people are 128 people in prison

o.O

Personally I think there's alot of stupid Americans there, why else would 9999999999999999% of America be in jail? Country of freedom? My ass :]

o.O

Thats only beacuse smoking weed is legal in Holland.

o.O

cheap workers for the community ^^

While I have no doubt that you would have little difficulty finding Americans who would say these things one thing about the video caught my attention right away and hinted some of this might be faked. Notice that during the section where they are asking people to place a pin in the country they feel should be next invaded it shows 4 people doing it. These people do the following......

Pin 1) The first girls are asked to pin Sri Lanka (not sure why because in the clip before they stated Iran). The camera dose not show the board at Australia (could be important) keep this in mind you will see where I am going with this. One girl points at Sri Lanka and the other pins it.

Pin 2) (The pattern starts at this point) The next person it shows pinning a country says Iran but pins Australia (which is labeled Iran).

Pin 3) The third person it shows pinning a country says North Korea but pins Australia (now labeled North Korea).

Pin 4) The forth and last person it shows pinning a country says France but pins, you guessed it, Australia (this time labeled France).

There are several reasons this could be and these are all assuming this clip came from an actual reporting company and not a comedy skit (which is also possible).

A) It is faked. It does not make sense however that they would keep using Austalia as people might catch on to the hoax. If it was a hoax perhaps the creator so stongly believed that Americans are so dumb if the person pinned the wrong country the average American would not notice what they witnessed was incorrect. Thus they used Australia as it is recognized by most people (even us stupid Americans ;P ).

B) Same as A except they believe the average viewer in their own country is just as dumb as these Americans and may not know where North Korea, Iran, France, etc... are either.

C) For similar reasons to A and B they only showed the clips with the improperly labeled Australia even though there may have been other pins in other mislabeled countries.

D) for the same reasons as all of the above they first used a mis-labeled Iran board then asked the question until someone pinned Australia (because it was labeled Iran) then repeated the process with boards mis-labeled for North Korea and France, then only showed those clips.

E) So as not to discount the small chance the paranormal was happening (not saying I believe it did but listing this out of fairness) the reporter was psychic and selected the board corresponding to what he knew the person in question would choose.

F) This is the least likely and almost not worth mentioning, they had randomized boards and it just so happened coincidentally the people kept choosing the country name that was switched with Australia's.

Other than that I enjoyed the video.

While I have no doubt that you would have little difficulty finding Americans who would say these things one thing about the video caught my attention right away and hinted some of this might be faked. Notice that during the section where they are asking people to place a pin in the country they feel should be next invaded it shows 4 people doing it. These people do the following......

Pin 1) The first girls are asked to pin Sri Lanka (not sure why because in the clip before they stated Iran). The camera dose not show the board at Australia (could be important) keep this in mind you will see where I am going with this. One girl points at Sri Lanka and the other pins it.

Pin 2) (The pattern starts at this point) The next person it shows pinning a country says Iran but pins Australia (which is labeled Iran).

Pin 3) The third person it shows pinning a country says North Korea but pins Australia (now labeled North Korea).

Pin 4) The forth and last person it shows pinning a country says France but pins, you guessed it, Australia (this time labeled France).

There are several reasons this could be and these are all assuming this clip came from an actual reporting company and not a comedy skit (which is also possible).

A) It is faked. It does not make sense however that they would keep using Austalia as people might catch on to the hoax. If it was a hoax perhaps the creator so stongly believed that Americans are so dumb if the person pinned the wrong country the average American would not notice what they witnessed was incorrect. Thus they used Australia as it is recognized by most people (even us stupid Americans ;P ).

B) Same as A except they believe the average viewer in their own country is just as dumb as these Americans and may not know where North Korea, Iran, France, etc... are either.

C) For similar reasons to A and B they only showed the clips with the improperly labeled Australia even though there may have been other pins in other mislabeled countries.

D) for the same reasons as all of the above they first used a mis-labeled Iran board then asked the question until someone pinned Australia (because it was labeled Iran) then repeated the process with boards mis-labeled for North Korea and France, then only showed those clips.

E) So as not to discount the small chance the paranormal was happening (not saying I believe it did but listing this out of fairness) the reporter was psychic and selected the board corresponding to what he knew the person in question would choose.

F) This is the least likely and almost not worth mentioning, they had randomized boards and it just so happened coincidentally the people kept choosing the country name that was switched with Australia's.

Other than that I enjoyed the video.

Good one. Now you really put egg on your face. Yes, it is a comedy show. Yes, it is Australian. And yes, I can guarantee you that if that was repeated in Australia, with the US being re-labelled, 99% of the people would get it right. And also, this was made when George Bush was in office, so can you blame them for believing that Americans may be stupid?