Americans are NOT stupid

LU47

Good one. Now you really put egg on your face. Yes, it is a comedy show. Yes, it is Australian. And yes, I can guarantee you that if that was repeated in Australia, with the US being re-labelled, 99% of the people would get it right. And also, this was made when George Bush was in office, so can you blame them for believing that Americans may be stupid?

LOL at George Bush getting re-elected it still makes me laugh... WHY WOULD AMERICA DO THAT!!!!

LOL at George Bush getting re-elected it still makes me laugh... WHY WOULD AMERICA DO THAT!!!!

Because Americans have this odd belief that our government will do nothing evil no matter what is happening. That compounded by GWB's goofy way of acting like an idiot really endeared him to so many Americans (somehow).

and Butterz how did I put egg on my face (other than not realizing B+) = B) ?

I have no idea why GB Jr got re-elected as well. I would not go so far as to make a broad generalization that most Americans are stupid, however...

I think one thing that handicaps most Americans is that the media is so skewed and has it's own agendas....most Americans fail to realize this, or refuse to believe it.

Sorry if the following hurts somebodys feelings but...

It has been proved that America, which is (one of) the most powerful country(/countries) doesn't provide that good information or education about outside world than smaller countries. When the test group asked ordinary Americans, where's Finland located, about 40% of them couldn't answer or answered incorrectly. And when they had been asked locations of some English cities, most of them thought that they(the cities) were in USA.

So imo, Americans are not stupid, their education is just a bit too self-centered.

It's the governments fault, not the peoples'.