Buying&building a new PC

FinZeroX

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new GPU needs more power, so should I switch http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/info/p608358_Netzteil-ATX-Seasonic-S12II-BRONZE-430W-ATX-2-X.html to http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/info/p492327_Netzteil-ATX-OCZ-Fatal1ty-550-Watt.html which is only 1€ more, but has 550W instead of 430W.

I've also heard good about Netzteil Fatal1ty which should be meant for gamers.

So could you provide a experts statement? ;)

Ye I'm running 2 threads on different forums and found out that Fatal1ty ain't that great. So what to do, stick whit the 1st or change to what? :)

I contacted my bro and we're solving the issue at the moment. We have a clear guideline now and some parts are locked. Just fine-tuning the compability now.

Hope we're getting some results soon :P

What do you guys think: Should I change OCZ Gold Edition AMD DDR3 1333 CL9 to OCZ Platinum Edition AMD DDR3 1333 CL7 when I'd cost just like ~10€ more?

And what about changing Corsair Bronze 430W to Corsair Bronze 520W(same model) for just 10€ more because my power consumption will rise.

FYI "Netzteil" means PSU in German. Additionally, the "Fatal1ty" PSU is nothing else than a normal PSU with a red LED behind the fan which might look good if you're a Casemodder.

Yes !!! Lol I was always wondering about that shit.

What do you guys think: Should I change OCZ Gold Edition AMD DDR3 1333 CL9 to OCZ Platinum Edition AMD DDR3 1333 CL7 when I'd cost just like ~10€ more?

And what about changing Corsair Bronze 430W to Corsair Bronze 520W(same model) for just 10€ more because my power consumption will rise.

If your going to spend ~10€ more you might be able to get a better brand of ram. To be honest I don't think you will see that much difference for those latencies (i can't see any difference when i tried with mine) . Also yes corsair PSU won't disappoint. And the Hard drive (i have the same one) and video are good.

My Asus MoBo will support Thuban-processors(Phenom II x6) after BIOS-update so that'd be OK.

So I should keep the RAM and take the 520W PSU?

And which HDD do ya mean?

My Asus MoBo will support Thuban-processors(Phenom II x6) after BIOS-update so that'd be OK.

So I should keep the RAM and take the 520W PSU?

And which HDD do ya mean?

Its up to you. The latency doesn't make that huge of an impact on your performance of the memory (most of the time you will not notice it because it is very minimal). Also 520W PSU sounds good. Because if i calculate how much your system would consume during load, it would be close to 430-440W

Also I was talking about the Western Digital Calviar blue. HD

• 2 weeks later...

What I ended up with:

CPU FAN Scythe Mugen 2 REV B S754, 939, AM2+, 478, 775, 1366, 1156 32,44€

HDD 500GB Seagate Barracuda LP 5900.12 ST3500412AS 5900U/m 16MB...37,85€

1000GB Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000.C HDS721010CLA332 7200U/m 32MB... 52,61€

RAM 2x2048MB OCZ Gold AMD Edition DDR3-1333 CL9 Kit 79,39€

2x2048MB OCZ Platinum AMD Series DDR3-1333 CL7 Kit 81,39€

CPU AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.80GHz AM3 9MB 125W BOX 173,65€

MoBo Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H 890GX AM3 ATX 111,56€

PSU Netzteil 520W Seasonic S12II-520 80+ Bronze 70,31€ DVD-drive LG GH22NS50 SATA schwarz bulk 15,49€

Case ATX-kotelo, Three Hundred Ultimate Gamer Case 53,49€

(Case fans) 120x120x25 Cooltek LED Case Fan 1200U/m 17dB(A) Blau x3 6,90€= 20,70€)

Postal fees [30€(MindFactoryn)+10€(Jimm’s:in)]:2=20€

Total 790,32€ - 827,78€

i looked at your list looks good what graphics card and sound card are you putting in it. you are doing the right thing its all about time and looking for the right prices on the internet.building a rig can take about 3 or 6 months in preparation so look at a lot of sites for the best prices :yahoo

Oops, I missed some lines :o

So Graphich Card would be Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC 1024MB GDDR5 (193€), you can use mindfactory.de search engine for it.

Sounds are included in the MoBo, it should be enough for me :)

Sould I change the HDD to a F3 one as I've heard many recommendations for it?

I would change the Barracuda LP 5900 for the F3. Only if the F3 is a 7200 rpm version and not the 5900 rpm one.

On another note just order your computer already :lol:. It has been a month. You can be doing this for years I tell you (because I was the same way lol. New components get made, parts get cheaper, you will always be switching around your choice of components =P).