Buying&building a new PC

FinZeroX

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orders have been filed. The case(ordered from Finland) will arrive in less than 7 days and will be paid when receiving.

Other parts will be sent to Finland when I transfer the money to MindFactory.de's account. After that it should take less than 30days.

More info coming...

So far very good :)

I'd give Mindfactory 4.5/5 for prices and 5/5 for service because just few hours after sending the e-mail in about 19.00 requesting a change to the order they had done it as I requested and sent a confirmation e-mail (even if they closed after 18.00). So very quick service with perfect English.

Only con this far is the site layout as they only use German. But I can manage with Google Translator.

So after I have confirmed the payment info tomorrow, I'll be sending the money over. All parts should be ready for departure on 1.10 :)

Just perfect!

So far very good :)

I'd give Mindfactory 4.5/5 for prices and 5/5 for service because just few hours after sending the e-mail in about 19.00 requesting a change to the order they had done it as I requested and sent a confirmation e-mail (even if they closed after 18.00). So very quick service with perfect English.

Only con this far is the site layout as they only use German. But I can manage with Google Translator.

So after I have confirmed the payment info tomorrow, I'll be sending the money over. All parts should be ready for departure on 1.10 :)

Just perfect!

In future remember if you order a 500gb HDD you don't get 500gb after installing Windows vista / 7 However the caviar line barracuda is a good HHD i had the same HDD in my old computer for 6 years with no problems ..

My computer now is a few months old Specs : Amd Athlon II x2 215. 4GB DDR3, 7, 7, 7, 20. 1TB HHD Western Dig, ( 977GB after all programs installed now ). Geforce 9200 video card (in the board) Geforce 9800GT 1Gig . X 3 Acer AL1706 18 inch montors. Custom made IR Tracker with 4 points of movement. Pitch, Yaw, Roll. Zoom

lol ya the pic is me

post-905-003223100 1285940560_thumb.jpg

There it reads on my dear Antec's box, which stands in the corner.

"Antec. Believe it."

And I do believe it 'cause my case arrived today to the buss post office and picked it up. Thanks Jimm's! :)

Now waiting for MindFactory to receive my money wich I sent on last Thu. Duh x(

I hope they wont let me down or the cold hand of law will join the game :|

So I now have all of the parts and the PC is half-built.

But there's one question:

As I have AMD Phenom II x6 1055T -processor (PIB), what are the procedures of attaching it to a Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H MoBo with Noctua NH-UB9 SE2 -CPU cooler/HS?

Going to finish the PC tomorrow so urgent help needed :)

Thanks

Not sure on the exact set up on the Noctuna. Best bet is to follow the instructions. In the Tulsa house we general follow this order.

~Put in cpu and lock it down

~clean the surface of the CPU. We clean them using 91% rubbing alcohol with a coffee filter or other non-fall apart cloth to wipe it down.. where latex gloves while doing it to avoid transferring oils to the cpu. If you dont have gloves just be careful

~add thermal paste to the cpu (there are various methods to choose from. Pea or x seems to be most common and generally effective). Can do an initial pea, spread it around and dry wipe off the cpu (coffee filter still and gloves still) if you feel like it to help fill micro fractures and micro-holes but not necessary. Here is a decent video showing different methods. Never spread it with your fingers you will get air bubbles. They point this out in the video.

~clean base of cooler with 91% rubbing alcohol

~position correct back plate on back side of mother board (intel or amd)

~attach cooler in orientation desired. Realize that if you have the rear fan blowing out set up the noctuna to blow hot air towards the back towards it. Or if you have fans or power supply up top you can blow it up so those can vent the hot air. Also realize that some CPU coolers can block access to ram slots. So keep that in mind while figuring out the positioning. Would suck to have to change your ram and have to take your CPU cooler off to do it.

~set cooler on top of CPU and apply pressure and slightly twist back and forth

~tighten down cooler with appropriate hardware for said CPU type

~Tighten down cooler with fingers alternating screws and giving a few turns everytime as you go around. Once hand tight you should be able to use a screwdriver to give it maybe a little more. Some coolers have springs to help keep you from overtightening, some dont, just be careful and follow the instructions.

once it is on and tight you can attach the motherboard to the computer.

Once it is on plug in fan into motherboard or controller. First boot go into bios and make sure your temps look ok for idle cpu (check on computer forums and search to see what others have gotten). Once windows is loaded perform a stress test to make sure your temps are still within range and acceptable. If they are high than remove cooler and try again. Bad paste job happen, just clean the CPU and redo it.

*note* i am not responsible for anything if you screw it up just giving you general guidelines lol

Edited by *Evil*Stevedawg

Thanks man.

And ye, there goes almost 300€ if I mess it up but... :D

It seems that I have to change the cooler stand-offs. There are those Gigabyte stock clips and I need to replace them with Noctua's.