I'll change my computer

Whenhigh

Hi there,

I will receive my new computer tomorrow :D

But... Will I keep the same GUID and xp saved or I will have everything new ?

I am a real noob in configuration, so I will probably need help :)

Thanks Quovadis, email auto-sent with my etkey.

I'll be back for graphics and other configurations when my new PC will be set up !

(this model :P : http://www.asus.com/AllinOne-PCs/ET2702IGKH/ )

video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9dBNu2TA6E#t=52

Make a full backup of your ET installation (you might even be able to simply copy it over); either way, one file is import - that's your ETKEY which should be in your etmain folder.

If you play on a server running Silent (I think Fun1 is a silent mod server - but don't quote me on that) there's one more file which is also important, that's 'silent.dat' it's in your 'silent' folder.

HTH

• Like 1

Your new PC using AMD graphic, you might notice huge FPS drops due to incompatibility since recent drivers updates.

Most people will tell you to use r_primitives 2 but a better fix is to rename your .exe from ET.exe to quake3.exe which makes the game loads the correct libraries and fix all driver related issues.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I'm so sad... The computer I ordered was not working, Amazon took it back this morning.

I had it for 830€ instead of 1500-1700... at warehouse deals, but they told that only the packaging was used....

So, I'm still running with my HP Pavilion dv7 :(

Thanks for your tips anyway !

To bad about the computer. Better to build a comp from scratch. Then you get the parts you like and be able to upgrade in the future :)

I recently helped my big bro to upgrade his old comp the other day. I built him the old comp about 8y ago.. it was really time to upgrade it.

• Like 1

Your new PC using AMD graphic, you might notice huge FPS drops due to incompatibility since recent drivers updates.

Most people will tell you to use r_primitives 2 but a better fix is to rename your .exe from ET.exe to quake3.exe which makes the game loads the correct libraries and fix all driver related issues.

BTW I did it but gameboster can't find "ET.exe" (quake3.exe).

Edited by Piotr2