S3ti etconfig - Enemy Territory Config

S3ti

File Name: S3ti etconfig

File Submitter: S3ti

File Submitted: 17 Jan 2014

File Category: Player Configs

Here my ET config, nothing special but I'm often asked for it. I use it for Jaymod, Silent, ETPro.
For ETPro and Silent I also use class and spawnpoint selectors for each map, will upload them separately when I got them sorted, it's a mess :P

So here are 3 config files included:

autoexec.cfg
binds.cfg (Place your own keybinds in here)
scripts.cfg (At the end of each script is the respective keybind)

Additional Settings

Resolution: 1024x768 + 8xMSAA
Display: Refresh Rate 120 Hz

Mouse: Logitech MX518
DPI: 800
Windows Sens: 7 / 11
USB Port: 500 Hz
RInput 1.31
Sensitivity: 25 cm / 360°

Click here to download this file

• Like 2

hey seti

thx for that you  show us all your cfg ;) 

but please can you tell me

what is seta pmove_msec "8"  ?

i play with pmove_fixed "1" because i love it

the most settings i can understand only this not!

maybe you can tell a little bit about this commands?

seta cg_watermarkopacity "1.0"
seta cg_weaponcycledelay "150

seta net_noipx "1"
seta net_noudp "0"

seta r_cacheshaders "1"
seta r_clamptoedge "1"

seta r_nv_fogdist_mode "gl_eye_radial_nv"

seta cm_playercurveclip "1"

i never hear it before what is it all ? :lol:

Thx in advance

Greetings play

• Clan Friend
>" data-cid="491120" data-time="1390298710">
maybe you can tell a little bit about this commands?

I am not sure if pmove_msec is server side cvar, I don't think clients are supposed to change it.

anyway:

when pmove_fixed is 0, every time a message regarding your move gets to the server (and you generate one every frame) it is executed (pmove = playermove I think).

pmove_fixed means that your move is split in smaller, fixed, portions, and several calls to pmove are performed (one for each portion of the total move), so with pmove_msec 8 you will move as if you had 125 frames per second (1000/125 = 8ms) even if your fps is much lower. It has no meaning outside trickjumping, and it's always 8.

I am not sure if pmove_msec is server side cvar, I don't think clients are supposed to change it.

anyway:

when pmove_fixed is 0, every time a message regarding your move gets to the server (and you generate one every frame) it is executed (pmove = playermove I think).

pmove_fixed means that your move is split in smaller, fixed, portions, and several calls to pmove are performed (one for each portion of the total move), so with pmove_msec 8 you will move as if you had 125 frames per second (1000/125 = 8ms) even if your fps is much lower. It has no meaning outside trickjumping, and it's always 8.

hi Sunlight

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation ;)

can you tell a bit about the other commands ?please :crazy

and maybe you can tell me how i can make my strafe better?

Greetings play

Edited by UnderCover>>

• Clan Friend
>" data-cid="491126" data-time="1390299520">
can you tell a bit about the other commands ?please :crazy

and maybe you can tell me how i can make my strafe better?

net_noipx and net_noudp are used when you make a server in lan, they can't be enabled together because if you have no ipx and no udp there is no network enabled at all

- r_cacheshaders, afaik if you set it to 0 it will always load images from disk, if you set to 1 it will keep some in memory so when that image is needed it's taken from mem and it's faster

- r_clamptoedge enables that opengl feature (it wasn't probably available in prehistoric versions of opengl) it's related to texture borders

-  r_nv_fogdist_mode "GL_EYE_RADIAL_NV" is for nvidia cards only, you can choose different modes for the fog effect and this is one of them, but I am not sure if all are allowed (at least on etpro)

- cm_playercurveclip is forced to 1 because it's locked, I don't know exactly what it does, but I think it has something to do with collisions (like, when the player hits against a surface in the game world?) no idea in detail, anyway it's always 1 you cannot change it

---

[start ot]

as regards strafing,

I am not a pro trickjumper (far from it, especially now) and even if in 2007 (I think) there was a short period when I only joined tj servers and never frag servers I forgot most of the things (and back then there was no tjmod or mods for tj, tj servers were etpro)

I can only give you a couple of tips:

- for the starting jump of gammas, e.g. to gain speed while on the ground, load etpro and enable the speedometer (b_drawspeed 3 + cg_lagometer 0) then with adrenaline (or anyway sprint) you must be able to color that thing in orange while you hold w+a or w+d and you turn with the mouse in the same direction (while on the ground, no jumps). The mouse turning speed that gives you orange in the speedometer is 'the one'.

- for gaining speed in the air (or ice, which should be the same physics in quake engine) I strongly suggest you mods like etjump or tjmod, since they can show you the line of the perfect angle, while back then on etpro you had to guess it (I know, that graph on tjmod is sort of 'cheat', but it's good to learn the moves)

If you wanna do it the oldschool way, you know you are aiming at the right angle when you turn slightly, if you turn too much you are past it, if you don't turn you are in the 'dead zone' in the middle that gives you no speed. With practice you just feel if you are 'in the zone' or not, and if you aren't gaining enough speed.

p.s.

I used fullbeat strafe (w+a w+d), at the time. Halfbeat (w+a, d) together with stuff like inverted strafe, etc. was not much in fashion, it was used by some players only to showoff, but it's the same thing

[end ot]

• Like 3

SunLight did the job already ;)

and

cg_watermarkopacity - just sets the opacity or visibility of watermarks if the server has one.

(just a little pic with clanlogo or something on the right side) 1 is full visible, 0 is invisible

cg_weaponcycledelay - is meant for people using the mousewheel for switching weapons to prevent errors. 150 ms is the default setting and lowering it has no effect since the switch animation itself takes 150 or more ms. If you set it at 2000 ms you have to wait 2 sec before you can switch weapons again.

cm_playercurveclip - Sets the ability of the player bounding box to keep to curved surfaces. (from QL console guide)

For strafing, play TJMod with enabled Cgaz-Hud (TJ_drawCgaz 1-4). It will show the perfect angles and you can adjust the mouse movement pretty easy. It looks like this:

Edited by S3ti
  • Like 1

@sunlight

you are wunderful !!

thx for info to all this

i play so long time with Draw cGaz (2)on server to learn jump right but somehow I will not get better by :P

but i was thinking i need a better tj cfg :)

many thx for your help :yahoo

Edited by UnderCover>>

• Clan Friend

there is no tj config, it's all practice. tj config is pmove_fixed 1, for regular jumps not even that.

I remember back then, someone from a pro tj clan suggested me pmove_fixed 1 and 61 fps for gammajumps (why 61? because if you use 125+ fps pmove_fixed has nothing to 'split', your commands last already 8ms or less. If you wanna split them nicely in 2, lets say 1000/16msec = 62fps, still smooth and you use the pmove feature fully.

the start jump is always the same move, so you need to try and try in maps where you can't even reach the 1st platform if you don't do it right (don't know new maps because I jumped in 2007, but for example nejijump5 axis, the first gamma, if your start sux you don't even reach the first platform, probably some other maps are harder) + watch the speedometer

the air strafe is always practice, the best cgaz is imho the one with the lines showing the angle (I don't know the number), but it's good only to build muscle memory, imho if you wanna learn the real thing you should also learn to feel if you are at the right angle without cgaz.

and in all things there is always the one who is better, I think I couldn't reach some speeds even if my life depended on it and I trained every day

p.s.

maybe we should start another thread for tj, this thread is about S3ti's config :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tried your CFG. Great one. I love the low resolution on my 1080p screen. 1920x1080 simply sucks, I use forced AA now by using Nvidia CP.

Tried your CFG. Great one. I love the low resolution on my 1080p screen. 1920x1080 simply sucks, I use forced AA now by using Nvidia CP.

Thanks. Thing is I still use a CRT monitor which can only do 120 hz up to 1024x768. It's probably better to use the native resolution on a TFT display regarding picture quality, given that it can do 120 hz (this is the most important part, you can never go back once been there :P) and the PC a stable 125 fps.