ping advantage?

Masa_1964

Today I felt bit over runned and was thinking how ping and playing looks and feels. Seems at some cases when u spec low pingers are like shooting ducks against high ones +100  ones. some +100 playes okay and seems having only sligth delay. But today person with 0-5 ping sayed at ping does not play a role cause server has ping evener... I say that no way. sure there is difference with skills but I say at sure there is no evener for ping. Only on some extence but clearly easy to pick under 10 ping players, they can score even without skill. I dont care on my pow scoring or not but when this kind of fact is prospected and and I dont agree then I'll post it. I know some may just think at I was but hurt, well not on that extend. But I feel some how responsible to explain why saying this. Show me when there is no diffrence with musket and ak-47?

• Like 1

i agree ping does matter but explain then how some one with a laggy shat ping of plus 250 can come on and dominate whole server . and looks and plays like there ping is 20 . u can manipulate ur ping ur self ...

if i play with a shitty ping  i cant hit nothing unless i lead or trail them.  not to mention the unstability of et if this isnt  stable...anti lag in et sucks.always has .. 

if i get my ping down to say 70s  i can hit much easier and much more accurate.

now i have noticed the bigger u can get ur view  and stable ur et ..   the more it feels like et is in slow motion. and the easier the hs comes.

i would really like to hear what kevin has to say on this!.

Edited by captnconcrete
  • Like 1

I used to have ping around 100, now I mostly have 48. Sure the connection is also much faster, but it has helped alot.

If I remember right, the upload speed is the thing that gives the most advantage to you. The higher it is, the better ping you have.

Also the route to server can affect alot, a bad dns server gives you lags, like it did for me until they (my isp) renewed the route and servers.

Agree with cpt here, that I have also seen 250+ ping and ppl dominating, that really pisses me off. 

U need to divide the pings into two groups, stable and unstable, because a stable 150 ping on a decent player can still mean he will out perform most of the casuals on pub server, while a laggy spiking ping will only cause headache for opponents and the player himself, which is sadly still quite casual case with plenty of players warping allover the map, because of unstable ping spiking randomly.

On the other side, ping matters A LOT, maybe in the public side of the game it isn't as noticeable, but when u switch onto the ETPro competitive, a difference between 50 ping and 150 is whole level, specially when it comes to those miliseconds of dueling reflexes that can either give u a kill or get u full. I would say up to 60-70 ping isn't any big difference and from around 98 is still manageable somehow, but anything over 150 is already disadvantage if u are playing vs 50 pingers. I can easily spot that whenever i play HC,silent 1 or any other US based sever and then compare that with an FA ETpro Euro or any other euro server, its completely different, as the game itself is already smoother and the hitbox registry is much better, considering how many times have i actually died running behind certain wall to hide but bullets still hit me. Anyone with a bit of knowledge will know that low ping will give u advantage specially if u are up against a same skill level opponent, same goes for the stability of connecting, it doesnt matter if u have low ping, but on the other side unstable ones, it will make u play a lot worse than u would have if it was stable.

• Like 5