Awaiting connection...

Survivor.

Hello all

I've got a problem here and would be glad if someone could help

So the problem is that when connecting to a server, the awaiting connection message appears instead of the awaiting gamestate and the awaiting connection count goes on forever.

In console the message ' Punkbuster Client: Failed to resolve etguidauth.evenbalance.com' is present.

Cheers

Hello,

Which server are you trying to connect?
Does it happen all the time or just sometimes?
Is it maybe possible the server is full and you are in a queue?

Well either the FA silent1, hardcore servers or the sky-e server.

ET seemed to work fine two days ago so it's a bit strange for it to have stopped working randomly

U could try with this command if it will help.

Open console and write in:

/net_port (select random number) 2710

/net_restart

/vid_restart

Also try to download HLSW so u see updated real time tracker status while u are trying to connect, sometimes ISP is causing issues like that, that the servers simply show offline for u, while half of the other services are still working normally. Basically then u are having issues with all the silent servers, have u tried to connect to jaymod to see if u're having same issue again?

Jay1: 8.9.4.227:27960

Jay2: 108.61.21.94:27960

NQ: 108.61.21.92:27960

Might be as well that some file is corrupted at silent map, so lets see if u are having same issue at different mods as well.

So I tried the net port thing and it didn't work

Tried to connect to jay mod but same thing happened again

Re installed et but didn't fix anything

• Administrators

Delete your PB folder. It's not needed on most of the servers or at least on our servers or you can just rename it to pb-old. 

Do ping silent1.clan-fa.com from command line and post the results here. I believe you are just not able to connect to server. Make sure you have 2.6b installation.

• Administrators

Are you behind router? If yes make sure you have either port forwarding or UDP traffic or 27960 port open.  

Make sure in windows firewall ET.exe is allowed. 

What did you do to fix the issue? 

I'm not specifically/exactly sure what fixed it but I added a new UDP 27960 port rule in windows firewall. Left it overnight and it was fixed in the morning.

• 2 weeks later...

Having the same issue now but only on silent1 server, havent found a solution to fix it yet