Xfire login issues

Bowly

For some reason i can't login to xfire, it keeps saying my username or password is incorrect. Even tho i can login to the website using same credentials. I tried to maybe recover lost password or maybe register a new account using the program itself but both webpages wont load.

Any ideas?

Greetzings

• Leader

No ideas.  I had the opposite problem for a while:  I could use Xfire, but I could not log onto the site.  After that cleared up, I could not add Friends for a long while.  Now I cross my fingers whenever I start Xfire.  :)

classic xfire or the new one? Think there are like two versions of it and i think its seperated for accounts.

I think its the classic one, i can't seem to find the downloadlink for the new one tho :s

Edit: downloaded new version, gives the same problem

Are you running STEAM when you are trying to login? I have heard some have had issues when both are running.

turned steam off but still having the same poblem

Ok so i accidently logged into my prolly old xfire account (which i forgot username & password of). so i guess ill use that one. logging into my new account still doesn't work but i guess that doesn't matter anymore :D

thanks for quick answers tho

I can login after 5 a 6 years with the old one and new one but i can't change anything like my avatar.

So login yes but nothing else

I think its the classic one, i can't seem to find the downloadlink for the new one tho :s

I assume this one would be new http://www.xfire.com/

While this one should be the classic one: http://classic.xfire.com/

It is kind of strange that u can login to the website but not to client, the only reason i would think of that would be having wrong client, e.g, either not having classic one or new one.

It is kind of strange that u can login to the website but not to client, the only reason i would think of that would be having wrong client, e.g, either not having classic one or new one.

Tried both and both not working with my new account :D

my old account still works with newer version tho, so i would have no idea where the problem lays.

Tried both and both not working with my new account :D

my old account still works with newer version tho, so i would have no idea where the problem lays.

Is there any way of contacting support from old account towards issue of other one?

Is there any way of contacting support from old account towards issue of other one?

i dont have a clue, and honestly i'm not really gonna put effort into it, since i wont be using it anyways much.

And looking at the amount of problems with xfire, i'd say either they dont have a support or the queue is going to be long :P

i dont have a clue, and honestly i'm not really gonna put effort into it, since i wont be using it anyways much.

And looking at the amount of problems with xfire, i'd say either they dont have a support or the queue is going to be long :P

My suggestion would be, if u have some spare time, try to check some topics at their forums, if it will help at all, otherwise yeh, i don't really know whether they run any active support crew for issues like that, but if u can't really be bothered by it, then simply add all the ppl u have/wish to, to that other account and issue should be fixed.

• Like 2

you can shoot them an email over:

support@xfire.com

they are pretty responsive. Had a similar issue with my login. didnt work for me on the webpage to though.

maybe try to write the password into a text file and copy it. maybe the client has an issue with your password.

redy.

• Like 1