-=First=-

Hello, 

Into this topic : 
http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/58869-saint-pierre-et-miquelon/?do=findComment&comment=513211

Kat0n is suggesting to make a new topic "favorite flags", so here it is 

so you may want to share some flags and a bit of their history here :)

xrt0.png

The tricolor flag was born under the French Revolution.
3 colors
+ the colors of the city of Paris (blue and red)  
+ and of the King (white)

zonh.png

• Like 1

I lied! Nah I live very very close to germany (approximately 300 meters) in a department called Moselle, more precisely in Saarland, but french side (the Saar aka Sarre in french is a river which goes through a part of west germany and a part of north-east france. More info here)

And if you look closely you'll notice that even if the background of the flag is germany's flag, the bottom left badge is Lorraine's flag, and the bottom right badge is Rhine's flag (up badges belong to Saarbrücken and Trier, 2 german towns)

Edited by Kat0n
  • Like 1

Aaah definitely not a fan of french flag, dark blue and red don't match imo...the blue would need to be lighter like that

200px-Roundel_of_the_French_Air_Force_be

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is the official flag of my home county (state) in the UK. It's a bit plain I know but it's been used for our region since the Romans left in 410AD.

ju67mVM.gif

Edited by HecKler
  • Like 1

Well I liked @synes flag outta text idea so here is my country:

| *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   * OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO|
|   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   * :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|
|   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   * :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|
|::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|
|OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO|
|::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::|

AGGGGG! it formated wrong :(

Edited by Dare2BeFair / Captain.
  • Like 1

Here's 2: 

Québec, the Canadian province where I was born,

qc_flag.jpg

And Saguenay, the region where I'm from:

600px-Flag_of_Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jean.sv

Here's what the Saguenay flag represents:

• The green stands for the lush boreal forest, a major player in our environment and bearer of economic activity. It is placed on top to represent its ancient heritage, its notoriety.
  • Agriculture is at the bottom of the flag, in golden yellow, to show that agriculture supports and produces life.
  • The aluminium industry was already a major player and its future seemed promising. That is the reason behind the silvery colour at the centre of the flag. It also represents industry and commerce as a whole.
  • The colour red, for its part, represents the vitality, the living force of the regional population who, despite their ordeals, past and future, will always stand tall.
  • Like 1