Crash

Dom:

wetwork

overgrown

TDM:

Vacant 

Programmers Choice :thanks

So there are my picks for the next rotation, thoughts guys 

May I suggest only 1 HQ ... of all the Game Types it seems to chase people away and creates unbalanced teams too often ...

I like variety as much as the next guy, but MOST people enjoy and want to play TDM's ... with a mix of S&D, HG, DOM and SABOTAGE tossed in for something different.

The best rotation seemed to be when it was something like  ... TDM, DOM, TDM, HQ, TDM, SABOTAGE, TDM, S&D, TDM, DOM, TDM ... or something like that, but a TDM between every other game type.

As for maps ... I miss CREEK, OVERGROWN, CROSSFIRE  and  BLOC ... CREEK, CROSSFIRE and OVERGROWN being a few of the LARGER maps and more popular ones, which makes them fun for a variety of game styles (TDM and DOM in particular) IMO. The Smaller maps should be used for HQ, S&D and Sabotage so they are over with quicker ... because people want to come to the server to PLAY, not get shot and sit on the sidelines waiting to play for minutes at a time.  :thumbsup

HQ: Downpour

TDM: Crossfire

TDM: vacant 

S&D: ChinaTown

TDM: Shipment/killhouse 

Dom: wetwork

TDM: Creek

TDM: Broadcast

DOM: overgrown

TDM: crash

S&D,TDM,Dom,HQ:Programmers Choice

There LA how does that seem now 

Edited by EmtHipple

rotation was changed only a couple of weeks ago.. however if everyone wants a change then we can look at it...

Really just getting a start for the next change up. Want to get the opinions of the regulars to the server so it will be a rotation we can all like. It was changed around the first of may the last Im aware of? (could be mistaken) would changing the rotation every two months or every quarter be to much? I really don't know what all goes into changing them, would be willing to help out if that is what is needed( but be prepared for some extremely noobish questions about programming) 

Really just getting a start for the next change up. Want to get the opinions of the regulars to the server so it will be a rotation we can all like. It was changed around the first of may the last Im aware of? (could be mistaken) would changing the rotation every two months or every quarter be to much? I really don't know what all goes into changing them, would be willing to help out if that is what is needed( but be prepared for some extremely noobish questions about programming) 

Was end of May. Not everyone gonna like a rotation...trust you there is no such thing as a rotation everyone likes cause everyone likes something different. Let me know what ya all want and Ill make the map rotation for it. Hipple if ya want i got no problems teachin ya how to make a map rotation. Won't take long.

I like the idea very much, I'm a big fan of  HQ,Sabo, etc. and even I think there is a bit too much of it right now.

Honestly, sabotage, TDM, and Dom are my favorites, we need less of HQ - I feel like it creates an imbalance in the game far too often. There's always one side dominating, never somewhere int he middle. One side always caps all the objectives, or near all of them. 

set sv_mapRotation "gametype koth map mp_farm gametype war map mp_crossfire gametype war map mp_vacant gametype sd map mp_carentan gametype war map mp_pipeline gametype dom map mp_cargoship gametype war map mp_creek gametype war map mp_broadcast gametype dom map mp_overgrown gametype war map mp_crash"

Here is what I think we should do the next rotation 10 maps, 1 HQ, 1S&D, 2 DOM, 6TDM 

Edited by EmtHipple

Final Draft:

//*************************************************
// map rotation generated by mavrick.id.au
//*************************************************
set g_gametype "war"

set sv_mapRotation "gametype koth map mp_farm gametype war map mp_broadcast gametype sab map mp_cargoship gametype dom map mp_countdown gametype war map mp_crossfire gametype sd map mp_vacant gametype sab map mp_carentan gametype war map mp_pipeline gametype dom map mp_crash gametype sab map mp_citystreets gametype war map mp_creek"

S&D on pipeline is rough, it's a large map and usually people drop quickly at the beginning, but then the round drags on. If you get hit early, you are watching for a good chunk of time. I am like the others, I like the variation but they need to be the right fit for the map.

S&D on pipeline is rough, it's a large map and usually people drop quickly at the beginning, but then the round drags on. If you get hit early, you are watching for a good chunk of time. I am like the others, I like the variation but they need to be the right fit for the map.

I agree with you ... it's the getting killed so fast and then waiting 2-4 minutes to get back to playing again that people don't like and end up leaving the game, and thus teams getting so unbalanced that are the issue IMO ... to combat this you really need to limit certain game types, mainly HQ + S&D where re-spawns can take awhile, to SMALL maps that will speed up taking of the HQ, planting of the bomb, or elimination of the team.  TDM, DOM, SAB game types allow for re-spawn after Death with out the wait and can be used on ANY SIZE MAP but lend themselves ideal for LARGE MAPS in particular. 

Here is my break down of LARGE Maps vs. SMALL Maps, and the GAME TYPES best suited for each, IMO.

SMALL / MEDIUM  SIZED MAPS    Game Types ( TDM, S&D, HQ, DOM and SABOTAGE ) Best size for HQ + S&D

Bog, Chinatown, Crash & Winter Crash*, Downpour, Killhouse, Shipment, Showdown, Vacant, Wet Work

MEDIUM / LARGE SIZED MAPS    Game Types ( TDM, DOM and SABOTAGE ) Avoid HQ + S&D !

Ambush, Backlot, Bloc, Broadcast, Countdown, Creek, Crossfire, District, Overgrown, Pipeline, Strike

* Please for the love of god, save Winter Crash for Christmas time, no one want's to play it when it's 100 degrees outside <_< 

Edited by LA_Kings_Fan