Crouching sprint?

Dak

I occasionally see players that seem to be able to move faster than others but also are able to sprint while in a crouched position.  Anyone know how they do this?

i remember lain telling there is script to go prone and run in fast bind and it runs faster than normal sprinting

you can find video on gametrailers if u google "cod 4 prone sprint glitch"

They always seem to be gliding over the ground and thought this was just lag or a glitch in the game.  I don't quite understand the FPS lingo and how it works so I have never played with it.  Dak if you figure it out let us know. :)

They could be strafing. This is done at the 125, 250, and 333 fps sweet spots and usually involves crouching to strafe. There is also wall running allowing you to run faster. You dont need to be in crouch or have any special fps for this (although using the sweet spot fps' mentioned earlier help a lot). Im going to assume that with the amount of promod players that have seem to joined the server as of late that they are strafing. It is easy to do and completely server "legal". Just takes time and practice to understand how to do it

@Yellow -- Some players have a key binded that changes your fps while you are moving. I have mine setup to switch to 125 and one to switch to 333

Edited by NotYourEggo

I'm think that have something to so with the animation of the character and the fps the player is using. So I don't think it have something to do with any binds or scripts.

Yellow. That way I was talking about to run faster is to run next to a wall and look slightly to the left (if the wall is on the left side) and hold down w + a + sprint. That is a bug in the quake engine. It's the same with strafe jumping, also a bug :)

Edited by LainTime SwE

Just stating the obvious in case it applies here... your run speed is also effected by which weapon you have active. Pistols = run the fastest. Small (uzi/P90) = also fast. Heavy weapons (LMG) = slowest run speed. I've noticed too... if you choose the perk that allows you to carry two primary weapons, if you choose a LMG for the second weapon, you'll still run as fast as if you had a regular (AK47) weapon. 

I've never seen a crouching-sprint! :) Off to youtube to see if I can find an example.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched all the you tube videos and tried to do it but not much luck :(- it sounds like fun but not for me :)