Abner server spawn delay

soulJAHmon

I would enjoy Dak's rotation, with these modifications added:

I like the idea of CREEK as a DOM/HQ, as snake suggested. It would keep it moving and make people capture flags instead of a "who's the best sniper extravaganza" every time.

I also miss BOG, and I think it would be a good DOM/HQ map also for similar reasons.

I like CRASH as a TDM.

How about COUNTDOWN as a SABOTAGE?

Are we limited as to how many maps in the rotation?? Anybody know?

You should be able to add as many maps as you like. I don't remember there being a limitation to the number of maps/gametypes you could code into a server config. I do like showdown as a tdm map so I don't want to lose that if possible. Hopefully with this new rotation we will get a delay to the spawns.

I did want to add that there seems to be a few people (including myself) who would love to see more than one round for certain sabotage maps. I've found both backlot and crash could use an extra couple rounds typically, though crash does often go to sudden death (I think I've only seen that happen once or twice in backlot). Anyway, just a thought.

You should be able to add as many maps as you like. I don't remember there being a limitation to the number of maps/gametypes you could code into a server config. I do like showdown as a tdm map so I don't want to lose that if possible. Hopefully with this new rotation we will get a delay to the spawns.

I agree with snake on this as I believe that it would be good to have all maps in the rotation. Along with this, add more variation in game modes. Personally I would love to see downpour in the rotation.

Sounds like it's coming together, sort of, but we need to find someone who can tie it together for us. I don't know how or who, any volunteers? Does it need to be a co-lead or leader? Or do we just have to settle on the exact rotation first, then someone plugs it in?

As much as I hate posts that just say "this"...

we just have to settle on the exact rotation first, then someone plugs it in?

this

• Like 1

My work today was not very productive (slow time of the year) except for looking at and researching map rotation. Here is what I came up with:

1. Vacant – Team Death Match
  2. Ambush - Domination
  3. Bog - Headquarters
  4. Bloc – Team Death Match
  5. Backlot - Sabotage
  6. Killhouse – Search & Destroy
  7. Braodcast – Team Death Match
  8. District - Domination
  9. Countdown - Headquarters
  10. Crossfire – Team Death Match
  11. Chinatown - Sabotage
  12. Shipment – Search & Destroy
  13. Pipeline – Team Death Match
  14. Overgrown - Domination
  15. Crash - Headquarters
  16. Downpour - Sabotage
  17. Wetwork – Search & Destroy
  18. Showdown – Team Death Match
  19. Strike - Domination
  20. Creek - Headquarters

The listing above has 4 Dominations, 6 Team Death Matches, 3 Sabotage, 4 Headquarters, and 3 Search & Destroy maps.

Now, Joe I don't know how you add maps and game types to the server. I did it one of two ways. One was hand coding it into the server so it looked something like this:

//******************************************************************************

// DOMINATION

//******************************************************************************

set scr_dom_scorelimit 500

set scr_dom_timelimit 20

set scr_dom_roundlimit 1

set scr_dom_numlives 0

set scr_dom_playerrespawndelay 1

set scr_dom_waverespawndelay 0

// TEAM DEATHMATCH

set scr_war_scorelimit 750

set scr_war_timelimit 15

set scr_war_roundlimit 1

set scr_war_numlives 0

set scr_war_playerrespawndelay 1

set scr_war_waverespawndelay 0

// SABOTAGE

set scr_sab_scorelimit 2

set scr_sab_timelimit 20

set scr_sab_roundlimit 0

set scr_sab_roundswitch 1

set scr_sab_numlives 0

set scr_sab_bombtimer 30

set scr_sab_planttime 2.5

set scr_sab_defusetime 5

set scr_sab_hotpotato 0

set scr_sab_playerrespawndelay 3

set scr_sab_waverespawndelay 0

set g_gametype "dom"

set sv_mapRotation "gametype war map mp_farm gametype dom map mp_creek gametype dom map mp_broadcast gametype sab map mp_crossfire gametype dom map mp_backlot gametype dom map mp_carentan gametype war map mp_crash_snow gametype dom map mp_convoy gametype dom map mp_bog gametype sab map mp_strike gametype dom map mp_countdown gametype dom map mp_crash gametype war map mp_carentan gametype dom map mp_crossfire gametype dom map mp_citystreets gametype sab map mp_creek gametype dom map mp_overgrown gametype dom map mp_pipeline gametype war map mp_showdown gametype dom map mp_strike gametype dom map mp_vacant gametype dom map mp_cargoship"

Or if you use a tool know as a dashboard that allows you to pick and drop the info into the server config file without having to hand code it. If you hand code it like above let me know and i can do this for you for all the games we finally decide on and then you can just copy and paste. If you use a dashboard type tool you'll have to do it as normal then.

Guys look at the listing above and provide feedback. This is all 20 maps minus the wintercrash map and all gametypes except for free-for-all. If any need to be removed or changes make the suggestion, but keep in mind this needs to be a majority of what all would like to see. I personally do not feel we need all 20 maps in a rotation, but here you go...

• Like 1

I like it snake, everybody could pick it apart, but I think its got enough variety to make the majority happy, AS LONG AS WE DEAL WIT THAT DARN SPAWN DELAY! AWWWWWWW! Ok sry, im taking a deeeeep breathe now..... guuuuuuuussusssssfffffrrraaabbbaaaaahhhhhhhh! Much better :embrass

1. Vacant – Team Death Match

2. Ambush - Domination

3. Bog - Headquarters

4. Bloc – Team Death Match

5. Backlot - Sabotage

6. Killhouse – Search & Destroy

7. Braodcast – Team Death Match

8. District - Domination

9. Countdown - Headquarters

10. Crossfire – Team Death Match

11. Chinatown - Sabotage

12. Shipment – Search & Destroy

13. Pipeline – Team Death Match

14. Overgrown - Domination

15. Crash - Headquarters

16. Downpour - Sabotage

17. Wetwork – Search & Destroy

18. Showdown – Team Death Match

19. Strike - Domination

20. Creek - Headquarters

The listing above has 4 Dominations, 6 Team Death Matches, 3 Sabotage, 4 Headquarters, and 3 Search & Destroy maps.

I really want some S&D in the rotation but not on Shipment ( its just an retarded map for that game mode) or killhouse. They are just too small! The maps i would like to have S&D on is Bog, Countdown and Crash. Other than that i think the rotation made by a_snake looks good.

Also that we should add a spawn delay to the TDM but make the rounds longer. 750 points it too fast so 1500 points would be good i think.

Edited by LainTime SwE

My thoughts for a new rotation:

If we have to add Countdown for LAkingsfan, it should be domination.

LOL ... What ? :embrass I feel da luv ... or is that lube ? :rolleyes: We don't have to do ANYTHING for ME obviously ... I know not everyone likes that map.

We can drop Countdown for awhile ... I like it because I know the angles and good locations, but understand it can get one sided with the spawn kills.

Though we had it in rotation as a Search & Destroy maybe about a year ago, and that was kinda Fun ? I think the only other S&D map we had was Bog ?

Maps I miss playing ... DownPour, OverGrown, Bloc, Creek and WetWork.

Maps I'm getting tired of ... ChinaTown, Vacant

Here's what I'd do ... ( In alphabetical order, not the order I'd have the Maps PLAYED ! )

FAMaps1-4_zps8702cde2.png

FAMaps5-9_zps5267a818.png

FAMaps10-15_zps4faeac0a.png

FAMaps16-21_zps2a9840c8.png

THAT's ALL the COD4 MAPS btw ... there's 21 of them in the game, Several ( Winter Crash, KillHouse and Shipment ) that IF we do add, I don't care to see often ;)

Sorry ... I couldn't post 21 pictures ? ... so took screen shots, and the last one resized down too much, but you can CLICK on them to see LARGER. :embrass

Edited by LA_Kings_Fan

I really want some S&D in the rotation but not on Shipment ( its just an retarded map for that game mode) or killhouse. They are just too small! The maps i would like to have S&D on is Bog, Countdown and Crash. Other than that i think the rotation made by a_snake looks good.

Also that we should add a spawn delay to the TDM but make the rounds longer. 750 points it too fast so 1500 points would be good i think.

Ok then, lets change SHIPMENT TO DOMINATION, AND BOG TO SEARCH N DESTROY

I also like Lain's suggestion to make the TDM rounds longer, the only map type i think we DON't need a longer spawn delay on is HEADQUARTERS matchs, which are better with a shorter delay, ALL others need a longer delay. IMO

I really hope we can pull this thing together and get the new rotation going sooner rather than later guys, SO, let's use snake's rotation as the baseline, and make our suggestion's specific to that, and lets allow snake to make the final call, otherwise we'll just go back and forth forever debating this n that and never get it DONE. Right?

Edited by soulJAHmon

The average player count we have on the server is 9 (for the past month). And right now as im checking this we have 14 players on the server and that is the absolute max on shipment imo. What we could do is to try it for some time and see how ppl likes it. Like reporting in what the hightst player count is on the day and see how many players who leave when they see that shipment is coming up.

That is the only map im worried about but all the other maps have a good size for this server with the amount of players we have on it.

Edit: Now as im thinging about it. Bog is a fun map and i would like to change Crossfire from sabotage to SnD ( it takes sooooo long time with sabotage and with a bad team, even longer), and have sabotage on Bog.

Also, i have never played Bog with anything eles than TDM, so it would to nice to try it with Sabotage first :)

Edited by LainTime SwE
  • Like 1

Okay, I put the small maps (shipment, Killhouse and even wetwork) in because I wanted to show all maps and what could be done. Not necessarly that we need these. I did not make them TDM because I do not want the server to compete in any way with our Killhouse or Killbox servers and personally I don't care for the small maps either, but thought that maybe trying a different game type on them may work for the rotation. If they need to be removed that is fine, but we need to make sure the existing maps have an appropriate number of game types. We could double up on a map for instace we could list bog as a S&D and then later as a domination if we need to even things out. Either way I think we are making progress, but as Soul indicated we can debate this thing to death and Joe will need a final from us all before he'll consider adjusting the rotation and the spawn delay.

• Like 1

Ok then, lets change SHIPMENT TO DOMINATION, AND BOG TO SEARCH N DESTROY

I also like Lain's suggestion to make the TDM rounds longer, the only map type i think we DON't need a longer spawn delay on is HEADQUARTERS matchs, which are better with a shorter delay, ALL others need a longer delay. IMO

I really hope we can pull this thing together and get the new rotation going sooner rather than later guys, SO, let's use snake's rotation as the baseline, and make our suggestion's specific to that, and lets allow snake to make the final call, otherwise we'll just go back and forth forever debating this n that and never get it DONE. Right?

I'm down ... just put in my 2cents for the convo, but MAINLY agree the sooner we get a new rotation up the better !

Biggest points FIX the Spawn Delay ... shouldn't be hard ... seems like whatever it is now, DOUBLE that and we're good to go.

IF people crap on the new rotation / maps ... we can always change them up again in another month or two or whatever.

It's what used to happen anyways ... not sure HOW Abnerdog got to be the red headed step child of the COD4 servers, and we only change our rotation once every 3 to 6 months lately anyhow ?

I say SNAKE have a FINAL DRAFT ready by Monday Januaury 7th !!! and THAT's what we run with !!! Good work SNAKE :thumbsup

:thanks

• Like 1